advice about english speaking schools in santo domingo

doctormom

May 25, 2005
hi, i am new to this forum. I am planning on starting med school at UNIBE in Santo Domingo in September. My kids are 8 and 3 and I have been looking into schooling for them down there. What I have found is the tuition for them would be almost as much, in some cases more, than my tuition!!!! :eek: ANy advice about what others are doing while living there would be greatly appreciated. Also, my husband is a plumber, how difficult will it be for him to find work in the DR? Thanks so much. Traci

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
doctormom said:
hi, i am new to this forum. I am planning on starting med school at UNIBE in Santo Domingo in September. My kids are 8 and 3 and I have been looking into schooling for them down there. What I have found is the tuition for them would be almost as much, in some cases more, than my tuition!!!! :eek: ANy advice about what others are doing while living there would be greatly appreciated. Also, my husband is a plumber, how difficult will it be for him to find work in the DR? Thanks so much. Traci

English speaking shools are expensive, as they are private.
Public schools are free, and in between there are private Spanish speaking schools that also have a monthly fee. The fee depends on the status of the school.

As for work for your husband, salaries are local and very low.
With a contact net it might be possible to create a web of clients, otherwise I?d say "difficult". Depends on languageskills etc and if your hubby would work for the money he would get the jobs done. It?s not much.

Last edited: