Post Thanks / Like

Default advice about english speaking schools in santo domingo

hi, i am new to this forum. I am planning on starting med school at UNIBE in Santo Domingo in September. My kids are 8 and 3 and I have been looking into schooling for them down there. What I have found is the tuition for them would be almost as much, in some cases more, than my tuition!!!! ANy advice about what others are doing while living there would be greatly appreciated. Also, my husband is a plumber, how difficult will it be for him to find work in the DR? Thanks so much. Traci

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doctormom
    hi, i am new to this forum. I am planning on starting med school at UNIBE in Santo Domingo in September. My kids are 8 and 3 and I have been looking into schooling for them down there. What I have found is the tuition for them would be almost as much, in some cases more, than my tuition!!!! ANy advice about what others are doing while living there would be greatly appreciated. Also, my husband is a plumber, how difficult will it be for him to find work in the DR? Thanks so much. Traci
    English speaking shools are expensive, as they are private.
    Public schools are free, and in between there are private Spanish speaking schools that also have a monthly fee. The fee depends on the status of the school.

As for work for your husband, salaries are local and very low.
    With a contact net it might be possible to create a web of clients, otherwise Id say "difficult". Depends on languageskills etc and if your hubby would work for the money he would get the jobs done. Its not much.
    Last edited by carina; 05-26-2005 at 09:28 AM.