Dominicans love to drink after all!!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
FROM DR1 NEWSPAGE:

Beer tax revenues up 86% so far
The selective consumer tax (ISC) on beer and other alcoholic beverages has produced more than RD$2 billion so far this year and beer sales have contributed 73% of the total, or RD$1.2 billion. This figure represents an 86% increase over the total for the same time last year. According to numbers provided by the Dominican Beer Producers Association, beer contains just 5% alcohol and 36% of all the alcohol consumed in the Dominican Republic but the sale of beer produces 73% of the ISC income. Rum and whisky produced only RD$566.92 million in revenues so far, this year.

For anyone who thought we dont like to party...

Last edited:

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Escott said:
No darling, we just thought you guys didn't like to work! LOL

Why don't people tell me these things here I am working my buns off 12-14 hours a day that excludes housework and mothering duties. Please send out a memo so I know what is going on. I should have stayed in bed this morning since we are not suppose to like working LOL ;)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I know Dominicans love to drink. Everytime we get together, Lina gets drunk.

Larry

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Larry said:
I know Dominicans love to drink. Everytime we get together, Lina gets drunk.

Larry

That was a good one, Larry hee hee :lick: . I guess you and Pat are honorary Dominicans because we have been drunk together many times :rolleyes:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Just remember Badpiece......

our Canadian beer is a whole lot higher in alcohol content than that stuff you call beer in the States!
I think we'll have a chance to see if YOU can be an honourary Dominican! ;)
Please keep in mind that I don't drink ANY beer other than ice cold Presidente so I'll be drinking Brugal!!

MommC said:
our Canadian beer is a whole lot higher in alcohol content than that stuff you call beer in the States!
I think we'll have a chance to see if YOU can be an honourary Dominican! ;)
Please keep in mind that I don't drink ANY beer other than ice cold Presidente so I'll be drinking Brugal!!

And I will be bringing 2 cases of Presidente to the party