Traveling with a laptop. Safe?

NewinSantiago

May 24, 2005
Has anybody here traveled to the Dominican Republic with his/her laptop and had no problem with it? How safe is it to leave it at the hotel when you go out?? If possible let me know which hotels you have visited with your laptop.
Thanks

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
NewinSantiago said:
Has anybody here traveled to the Dominican Republic with his/her laptop and had no problem with it? How safe is it to leave it at the hotel when you go out?? If possible let me know which hotels you have visited with your laptop.
Thanks

Depends on what hotels you?re staying at, but I?d say Don?t worry.

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
No problems at airport

carina said:
Depends on what hotels you?re staying at, but I?d say Don?t worry.

I've brought my laptop back and forth between the DR and Canada and have never had a problem. I can't speak on the hotels though...

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
NewinSantiago said:
Thanks
Laptops are a very popular item with thieves. Ask our new Col. At least bring a Kensington lock and secure it to something in your room when you leave. (No matter what hotel). They are very easy to open but will at least discourage your average thief.

tanya78

Mar 5, 2005
NewinSantiago said:
Thanks
I have traveled with my laptop and had no problems. If you leave it in the room put in a locked suit case. I wouldn't leave it in plain view it?s to temping. Are you renting a car? If so I would leave it in the trunk when you go out. Better safe than sorry. Good Luck