Help with Edenorte's billing

gatoazul

Aug 24, 2004
Hi everybody,

The last Edenorte's bill I received showed a >100% rise on the consumption. We have no new electrical equipments and I did not have insomnia on the past days. Please tell me if any of you knows about a device that shows the real electricity consumption, how trustable it is and where I can find it.

Thanks in advance.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
There was an article in the newspaper not long ago about this, and it was saying that you can go to the company with copies of all your latest bills to show the mistakes and that they will refund you.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
A follow up to this article mentioned that the EDEs are wising up to the fact that providing better service to areas that PAY = more money.

It is a fact that if you consume 700kwh/mo your bill will be almost exactly twice what it would be if you used only 699kwh.

This is because you get a reverse discount for volume.

The EDEs are now trying to reduce blackouts in areas that pay their bills so that customers have an opportunity to reach the paydirt 700kwh mark.

Best thing for you to do is try to carefully watch your usage and try like the dickens to stay under 700kwh. This shouldn't be too hard, an average household without air conditioning consumes about 350. (well OK, my household consumes that) This is with a 3.6 kilo inverter, mostly low consumption light bulbs, and turning off the water heater when not in use.

Failing that, move to a poor area with more blackouts.