Villa Mella question...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I am supposed to track someone down in Villa Mella when I go to Santo Domingo next month and I have no idea how to get there. The area is Las Guaricanes and I have heard it was dangerous. I generally would not go out on a mission like this but I am doing a favor for a friend.

This friend has 2 children and he has had alot of bad luck sending things to them. Usually the pipeline works like this-the dominicans who know each other who are in similar circumstances(they are in NYC but cannot go back home because of money/time constraints) keep in touch with those who get to go 'home" so if anyone in their group goes over, they are asked to bring a few things to family members. My friend has sent things over with people he thought he could trust but the messengers have always helped themselves to certain items meant for his kids.

So I volunteered to do him the favor but I was wondering if anyone is aware of this place and can tell me a little about it besides whether it is safe or not.
Yes, I know A while ago I posted a question about this barrio but those were different circumstances. I have an exact address, so it would be helpful if anyone knows this area well and can give me any info. Thanks in advance.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think you are in for a positive experience

Villa Mella is on the northern parts of Santo Domingo and I am sure that if you go to the park-where they cut down all those beautiful trees and ask around, you will find out how to get to your friend's house. There is a place nearby that has been declared a UNESCO World Cultural Site. The "Cofrad?a" is famous.

Be sure to go in the morning, since it will take some time, but do not be too hesitant to ask directions from the local people. P?o Brazoban is the leader of the Cofrad?a and he could probably help you find who you are looking for.

Do a search in www.elcaribecdn.com and type in Pio Brazoban or Fiesta de Palos and see what comes up...

HB :D:D:D

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Isn't this the barrio where the person who was posting those beautiful naratives of his, and his family's, daily life lives?
I think it was called ' this could be the start of something great '. You could ask him but, oh yeah, we chased him away with our petty bickering. And our astute book editing.
What a shame.. so beautiful

pi?acolada

Mar 9, 2005
Berzin said:
I am supposed to track someone down in Villa Mella when I go to Santo Domingo next month and I have no idea how to get there. The area is Las Guaricanes and I have heard it was dangerous. I generally would not go out on a mission like this but I am doing a favor for a friend.

This friend has 2 children and he has had alot of bad luck sending things to them. Usually the pipeline works like this-the dominicans who know each other who are in similar circumstances(they are in NYC but cannot go back home because of money/time constraints) keep in touch with those who get to go 'home" so if anyone in their group goes over, they are asked to bring a few things to family members. My friend has sent things over with people he thought he could trust but the messengers have always helped themselves to certain items meant for his kids.

So I volunteered to do him the favor but I was wondering if anyone is aware of this place and can tell me a little about it besides whether it is safe or not.
Yes, I know A while ago I posted a question about this barrio but those were different circumstances. I have an exact address, so it would be helpful if anyone knows this area well and can give me any info. Thanks in advance.

Maybe u can go to Villa Mella and there u ask anybody. In order to get to Villa Mella u drive Maximo Gomez Av. to the north for about 20 mins. Hope to help