I just booked a nice long trip :)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I just booked a trip to the DR for 5 and a half weeks. I'll be there from June 11th until July 18th. I am renting Rockys condo in Sosua for 4 of those weeks as a base place to stay but I plan on taking a few day trips to Santiago, SD, Jarabacoa and wherever else it strikes me to go. I'll return to this thread to report anywhere I may be going. I have not met many of the SD crowd so if there happens to be any gatherings during my stay, I will be sure to make my way down to La Capital. I think there is another 4th of July party planned at Rockys (confirmation Rocky, Escott?) so I look forward to seeing some of you there.

Man, I am really looking forward to this trip. I hope I don't have too good of a time or I may not come back.

Larry

Larry said:
I just booked a trip to the DR for 5 and a half weeks. I'll be there from June 11th until July 18th. I am renting Rockys condo in Sosua for 4 of those weeks as a base place to stay but I plan on taking a few day trips to Santiago, SD, Jarabacoa and wherever else it strikes me to go. I'll return to this thread to report anywhere I may be going. I have not met many of the SD crowd so if there happens to be any gatherings during my stay, I will be sure to make my way down to La Capital. I think there is another 4th of July party planned at Rockys (confirmation Rocky, Escott?) so I look forward to seeing some of you there.

Man, I am really looking forward to this trip. I hope I don't have too good of a time or I may not come back.

Larry

Larry I'm going down on the 15th of June to Sosua with some guys from NY, I have to give Scott some more juicy stuff for his Blog.
Badpiece

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
badpiece33 said:
Larry I'm going down on the 15th of June to Sosua with some guys from NY, I have to give Scott some more juicy stuff for his Blog.
Badpiece

Oh No! This is going to be the first time we hang out in the DR together....LOL! Where are you staying? How long are you going to be there?

Larry

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Might see you at the airport

Escott said:
Wow, want me to give you a lift to the airport? I will be in NY till the 17th!

Heh!

Escott

Scott--leaving for Santo Domingo 10am on the 17th. Going to spend a few days and then will be in POP on the 22nd for a couple days.

JOHN

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Larry :)

YAY! Bloody well about time, dude. :)

This time no excuses, we have to make the Road to Moca coffee stop. Right?

I'll be delighted to pick you up at the airport, just name the time.

btw, I never told you this anecdote, but in January past I walked into Rocky's and a friend said, 'Hey, Larry's here.' 'Larry from NY?' I asked her. 'Our Larry?'

'Yup. Only this time he's here with his brother.' We had all gone to Albertos for pizza during your last trip, so... I couldn't believe you never pmd to say you were coming. :(

A while later, your brother walked in. I talked to him like an old long lost friend... 'hey, so you're Larry's brother ... how're you liking it? ... he never mentioned he was coming... etc etc. Discovered it was a last minute decision and you were only here for a few days and you would be in Rocky's shortly. Still... :(

A while later, I'm palavering at the bar and this fellow walks up. My friend encourages me with a look and gestures, and: "Aren't you going to say hi to Larry?"

"You're not Larry," I told him. hee hee. Wrong Larry. LUCKY FOR YOU.

see you soon!

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
oh boy

badpiece33 said:
Badpiece

hmmm, the camera man won't be around the first couple of days. kewl! Looks like it's up to me and my DVD handycam. heheh.

Wanna be in the movies?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
dawnwil said:
YAY! Bloody well about time, dude. :)

This time no excuses, we have to make the Road to Moca coffee stop. Right?

I'll be delighted to pick you up at the airport, just name the time.

btw, I never told you this anecdote, but in January past I walked into Rocky's and a friend said, 'Hey, Larry's here.' 'Larry from NY?' I asked her. 'Our Larry?'

'Yup. Only this time he's here with his brother.' We had all gone to Albertos for pizza during your last trip, so... I couldn't believe you never pmd to say you were coming. :(

A while later, your brother walked in. I talked to him like an old long lost friend... 'hey, so you're Larry's brother ... how're you liking it? ... he never mentioned he was coming... etc etc. Discovered it was a last minute decision and you were only here for a few days and you would be in Rocky's shortly. Still... :(

A while later, I'm palavering at the bar and this fellow walks up. My friend encourages me with a look and gestures, and: "Aren't you going to say hi to Larry?"

"You're not Larry," I told him. hee hee. Wrong Larry. LUCKY FOR YOU.

see you soon!

Lol. Looking forward to seeing you again Dawn. Actually this time, MY brother is coming...for a week in late June.

As for the movies, well, I am not much for staring in movies. Well, I do bring my camcorder down there with me but...oh never mind.

See ya soon.

Larry

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
johne said:
Scott--leaving for Santo Domingo 10am on the 17th. Going to spend a few days and then will be in POP on the 22nd for a couple days.

JOHN
I guess you already lost my number when you didn't call the last time!

Call me or I will go hunt your arse down.

Escott

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
wow, you forgot to say that will be a great vacation too, as I can see you know some of the DR1's.

Sure you will have a great time.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
This time

Escott said:
I guess you already lost my number when you didn't call the last time!

Call me or I will go hunt your arse down.

Escott

I was "tied up" :> but this time I will try to untie the knots.

JOHN

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I hope you meant

Escott said:
I told you to stay away from the Dominating Dominicans!

Scott--I hope you meant DominicanAs as in with a "A" on the end. :>

Johnispayingattentiontohisgrammar!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I have been here since Saturday and it feels like I have been here for months. I had a great night at a concert in Puerto Plata the day I arrived with a couple of DR1 friends. Spent some time on Sosua beach the next day. Took a ride out to Monte Gordo near Guananico yesterday where I met a couple of new friends and got a terrific education on how to leave very comfortably in the campo inexpensively.

Badpiece and entourage are arriving to Sosua today.

My brother is arriving next week.

Weather is hot, beers are cold and women are beautiful.

Prices are higher than they used to be but still not outrageous if you use your head and speak Spanish. I bought new sunglasses today in Sosua. The vendor asked for 300 pesos but quickly came down to 200 when I engaged him in Spanish. I offered 150 and he accepted. I probably could have gotten them for 100 if I has pressed. You can pay 800 pesos for a meal in Sosua or 100 pesos. Depends on where you want to eat. Once you get out of Sosua like I was yesterday, things are much cheaper.

I am already concerned that I booked too long of a trip. After 37 days, I might not be willing to go back to the United States. Well, maybe 'concern' is too strong of a word, I mean, why the hell did I book a 37 day trip anyway? How did I arrive on that number of days? I dont know, I just did. Maybe, subconsciously, I knew that after that length of time, I would reach the point of no return. Maybe that was really my plan. Who knows? Anyway, I am getting ahead of myself again. Right now, I think it's time for a nice cold enriqillo con limon.

Looking forward to meeting some of you on the 4th...

Larry