processing of title from contracto de compra/venta

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
I have multiple contracts de compe/venta, for the vast majority I have the origional contract, for one I do not.

I talked to the owner epresentative and he says that what he needs to present to the laywer is the origionals. Now for the contracts I have I have only one origional. I guess my question is, what are my protections from the orgionals being "lost" after I present them, it's one thing to have a notary public certify I submitted them to him, It's another to try to claim that the "copy" that I maintain is a factual representation of the origional.

So I guess my question is two part, or three part.

1) Are the origional of the compa/venta contract required to be submitted to the state for the award of the title?

2) How can I protect my rights of an origional copy when I submit my only origionals for title award?

3) If I do not have the origional for a compra/venta and the owner is willing to certify the copy could there be any problems?

I guess item number 2 is critical, as long as I maintain the origionals or rights there of, items 1 and 3 are moot.

Of course I'm shorthanding the process, when the paper work is submittted the first step is for state to determine the back taxes owed, and then I need to pay that before the title is awarded.

-Lee

Ultrayo

May 29, 2005
It is important to state if you are dealing with "registered" or "unregistered" property, or if you are buying lands or "rights" to land or "posession".

Depending of that, there could be several different procedures to follow.

Without further ado, I'd venture these answers

1.) The buyer has to submit the original of the sale's contract. It is recquired
2.) He has to receive an official receipt which is as good as the contract for most purposes.
3.) I don't think so

Registered land has a title. If you sell part of the land, you have to submit your copy of the title to the administration, and they would cancel that title and produce two new titles, each one showing the fractioning produced by the operation.

Unregistered land is a mess. I'd strongly advise against buying unregistered land. but if you have to buy it, get a good lawyer to deal with.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
ltsnyder said:
I
1) Are the origional of the compa/venta contract required to be submitted to the state for the award of the title?

2) How can I protect my rights of an origional copy when I submit my only origionals for title award?

3) If I do not have the origional for a compra/venta and the owner is willing to certify the copy could there be any problems?

The attorney for the buyer will require only a PHOTOCOPY of the Certificate of Title to do the title search and obtain a description of the property to be sold. Only at closing, when you receive payment, will you deliver the Certificate of Title to the buyer or his attorney.