Plaquetas needed

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
As El nacional states in its website it has been a bloody friday...

Tonight a friend of mine was shot three times in a very confusing event... he is on a head surgery right now and seems Plaza de la Salud has not enough plaquetas for him...

I dont even know what a plaqueta is, i just can pray, if someone knows where to get it at this time... please post...

Jess

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Platelets are a blood component!

You need people to donate blood so the platelets can be seperated for his use.
They help the blood to clot.......
(If I were there I'd be the first to volunteer...I have VERY 'stickey' platelets!)
Good luck and best wishes to your friend! :cry:

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Seems Plaza de la Salud can't process blood right now, thats why we are asking for plaquetas already processed... something about not having the proper materials (chemicals or something) at this time...

Thanks MommC, can you at least imagine you are Emilio's heart and keep beating til tomorrow morning?

Jess

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well my ole ticker isn't the best........

what with already having had a heart attack an' all but I'll try to keep it beating for him!
Know that he is in my prayers and I DO know prayer works!!
God bless!

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
After surgery my friend is in stable condition at Plaza de la Salud ICU and breathing on his own. No more plaquetas problems, a bunch of friends are already donating blood.

He is an ex neighbor in Costambar, POP. Last night got 3 gun shots in Santo Domingo.

Thanks for your prayers MommC. We need some more.

Jess

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Sorry To Hear About Your Friend...

I wish him a speedy recovery. Can you tell us the details of this crime. Was he an expat? I would like to discuss this so that people may learn from it. Thank you and best wishes.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Thanks snuffy. Yes, he is an expat. Witnesses say 2 men in a motorcycle approached his window and just shot him and ran away. He has 3 impacts, shoulder, hand and neck. He is in stable critic condition.

They took nothing from his jeepeta. They just shot to kill. We just wander why... a successful young man, father of a 4 yo boy, loving husband and cheerful friend... Too many people out there with guns...

To me, it was an execution, but they got the wrong "gringo in a white jeepeta"...

How can you be prepared for something like this? It just happens, anytime... non sense violence... thats it.

We keep praying for him, may God help him get out of this one.

Jess

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
andrea9k said:
Thanks snuffy. Yes, he is an expat. Witnesses say 2 men in a motorcycle approached his window and just shot him and ran away. He has 3 impacts, shoulder, hand and neck. He is in stable critic condition.

They took nothing from his jeepeta. They just shot to kill. We just wander why... a successful young man, father of a 4 yo boy, loving husband and cheerful friend... Too many people out there with guns...

To me, it was an execution, but they got the wrong "gringo in a white jeepeta"...

How can you be prepared for something like this? It just happens, anytime... non sense violence... thats it.

We keep praying for him, may God help him get out of this one.

Jess

Truly sad to hear things like this happening.
And the best of wishes to your friend, strength to you.

As you say, how can you be prepared for something like this?
You cannot.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Although it might not have been the same incident, it's doubtful. Much more likely that the newspaper got it wrong than there having been two identical shootings. Could the police deliberately be putting out misleading information, or is that too far-fetched?

I drove past just after this happened, sometime after 8 last night. I live round the corner from the scene and saw the commotion, but assumed there had been a car accident. Didn't connect it with this thread until I saw the article in El Nacional.

Sounds like he was the victim of mistaken identity. Very worrying.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Thanks froeschli and chiri for your concern, yes, it is the same incident. Time, location and description are correct, but thank God my friend is still fighting for his life.

I kept the article, they wrote he looks like a 25 yo guy... it will skyrocket his ego for sure.

There is a Mass tomorrow at 10:30 am at the chapel in Plaza de la Salud. Prayers are welcome.

Jess

Last edited:

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
well you can't guard against that. Just try not to piss anyone off here (I will have to work on that one) and don't cheat anyone in business. That should not have to happen to anyone and I hope your friend recovers.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
After one day fighting, Emilio is dead. Mass is still on. Prayers still welcome. May God help his family to reach peace and conformity to His will.

His ashes will be repatriate to his beloved Argentina.

Jess

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I'm so sorry about your friend Jess......

and even tho' I was at the DR1 get together in Toronto I remembered to say a prayer that God in His Mercy would do what was best for your friend.
I truly believe that when one is taken before their time, there is a higher 'reason' even if we may not know what it is.
My sympathies to you and the family and my prayer goes out that all will be for the best........

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
andrea9k said:
After one day fighting, Emilio is dead. Mass is still on. Prayers still welcome. May God help his family to reach peace and conformity to His will.

His ashes will be repatriate to his beloved Argentina.

Jess

This makes me truly sad. Unfair and not understandable.
I feel for you and your friends family, and hope you are provided with strength, peace and faith.