The Passing of Jerry

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Unfortunately Jerry, I don't know his last name but will find out and post it latter.

Jerry passed away in the night of an apparent Heart Attack, Jerry was well known in Puerto Plata area frequenting Cheer's Bar On the long Beach Malecon and Duane's place where he passed away, Jerry's Girlfriend of many years Jackie worked at the former Cheer's Bar and has been working for Derrick for over seven years.

Jerry was a tall thin American man who made friends very easily.
My heart go's out to his Girlfriend Jackie.

I'm in shock as I write this, but out of respect for Jerry, his friends need to be told as the process from here go's very fast ....

Rest in Peace Jerry.

Gringo

Last edited:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
That is so sad.

Jerry was such a likeable guy, and he and Jaquelina seemed so happy together. She must be devistated.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Gringo I will PM you, I am very sad to hear this. I will pass this on to some of his friends from Canada.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Futher update.....

Jerry Christiansen of California will be will be returned to his home In the States as per his family's request.

Jerry will be missed by many......In his adopted home here in Puerto Plata.

Larry (A.K.A. Gringo)

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Change in plans

As it turned out Jerry wanted to be buried here in Pto.Pta. so depite his family's wishes, Jerry will be buried here tomorrow Mon. May 30th. 4:00 Pm. Service around the Corner From Sam's Bar.

Gringo

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Jerry Christianson - R I P

A very decent & gentle human being. He will be missed. Jacqueline will be lost w/o him. His time simply arrived.
* [I]Blessings[/I]: no nursing home; no intensive care; no suffering in a hospital, DR or American, for months; nobody had to make the so painful decision of when or if to pull the plug.
* No Terry Schiavo ! ! To young to die - 66.
* But, how blissful to die in one's sleep; to simply go to sleep peacefully, . . . then never wake up. A beautiful death, Gerry. Many miss you. Thanks for all you contributed to our expatriate lives. Rest in Peace.