New Blog added!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
MommC - I liked it, and appreciated the plug.

I wanted to return the compliment on mine, along with a couple of other links, but I may have the wrong template.

Any advice, Robert?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thank's Rob & Chiri!

I'm on a learning curve....also don't have a photo editor and didn't know how to make the avatar smaller! All help welcomed! I've had the URL posted on another blog so have had a few email's with suggestions and it IS a work in progress.
Took me a while to figure out how to add the link to Escott's and Chiri's blogs (I tried the "link inside the <>thingy but couldn't get it to work) so I finally 'editted' the template and hotwired the link with a little help from the "show source" feature and some cut & paste.
Here's how I did it Chiri........
go to "edit template" then scroll down to where you see the
coding for the links for &mainPage&, &Profile& etc.

then copy & paste this
? a href='http://dr1.com/blogs/?u=MommC'>Life in Paradise - From the Beach in Juan Dolio</a><br

(adding < before the first a and adding > at the very end after the r)

at the bottom, under the mailto line.

If this isn't the correct way to do it maybe Rob will inform us of how it should be done! For now it 'works!'

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I couldn't get it to work. Almost, but then the link didn't work. I want to put in several links.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ok......I'll send you an email!

Every time I put the coding in a post it automatically displays as it does on the blog (darn html) so I'll try sending you an email with the scripting to copy and paste into your template!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
MommC said:
Every time I put the coding in a post it automatically displays as it does on the blog (darn html) so I'll try sending you an email with the scripting to copy and paste into your template!

It looks like this:

link_text.gif

The HTML text will be parsed automatically.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ha! I never thought of displaying it that way (grinning ear to ear)!

see.....you CAN learn something new everyday! :glasses:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I've been waiting for this.......

Momma C funny! I've been waiting for your blog ;) :laugh:
It was really great meeting you, your awesome so is Papa C!
I'm gald you enjoyed yourself! :classic:
Oh and I can report that my arms are okay since i thought I might lose one dancing Sat night :D

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks Robert and MommC, I now have several links. I wanted a couple more but it won't display the last one, to Carina's. Is there anything I need to do on the last item on the list or is there a limit to the length of the list?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Chiri......

I sent you a PM!
Hope it works.......if not maybe Rob or Carina can help out...... :nervous: