Dominican is Second Runner Up In Ms Universe Contest!!

Nov 5, 2004
Winners

4th place - Venezuela..very beautiful, but she didn't do well on her question. Loved her dress..if it was quite a few sizes bigger and if I was really fit I would love to wear it. LOL

3-Mexico

2-Dominican Republic

first runner up -Puerto Rico

1st- CANADA

Although I will say honestly...I am extrememly proud to be Canadian..but in my personal opinion, sorry canada, she was not in the top 5 looks wise. She must been a few great person personality wise....

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
i agree peachez..... I of course rooted for DR and my homegirl Poland..unfortunatley didn't make it .... but it was close for DR !!
but you gotta give it up for our T.O girl .... she did it !

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
Good show

Damn, did I ever call those top 5! I picked out exactly the five that ended up there. I guess if the Dominican girl couldn't win, I have to be happy that at least Canada did! I liked those two more than the Puerto Rican anyways. Mexico was pretty. And yes, the Venezuelan girl had a beautiful dress!

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
Venezuela

Venezuela was my personal favorite. She had a very natural and innocent beauty. She actually resembles Amelia Vega alot! What killed her was her speech. The poor thing should have spoken in spanish!

Dominican Republic said "cause" instead of "because"!! That is soo cute!

Canada was the most graceful and natural when she spoke. Obviously, knowing perfect english helps! She deserved to win.. she had the most connection with the audience.

On a side note, I think the latina girls should have spoken in SPANISH!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
PeachezNcream84 said:
Although I will say honestly...I am extrememly proud to be Canadian..but in my personal opinion, sorry canada, she was not in the top 5 looks wise. She must been a few great person personality wise....
Actually, she has the most beautiful eyes.

After they selected the final 5, I thought that it was going to be between her and Mexico.

Nov 5, 2004
xxeonzz said:
Venezuela was my personal favorite. She had a very natural and innocent beauty. She actually resembles Amelia Vega alot! What killed her was her speech. The poor thing should have spoken in spanish!

Dominican Republic said "cause" instead of "because"!! That is soo cute!

Canada was the most graceful and natural when she spoke. Obviously, knowing perfect english helps! She deserved to win.. she had the most connection with the audience.

On a side note, I think the latina girls should have spoken in SPANISH!

Yes I agree...especially for Venezuela...they should ahve spoken in Spanish and had it translated. THink it really would have helped Venezuela.

M

Mr.Mark

How I view this...

For me, Puerto Rico was the most beautiful girl in that contest. She does ressemble Amelia like no one else and she had a perfect dominium of English, which helped here. The only thing is that she answered to the question taking too much time to get to the point.

Venezuela was not that pretty for me (of course, comparatively). She was asked maybe the toughest question (about the political problems in her country and what could be done to improve that situation). However, she managed to answer it kind of wisely (not talking too much about the obvious political semichaos in Venezuela). I've seen other Venezuelan girls on television which are prettier than her. Even in soap operas: has anyone here watched "Todos quieren con Marilyn"?

The Mexican girl was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. But there were better bodies out there than hers. I didn't quite understand her answer.

What can I say about my fellow countrywoman? She had in her favor her height, she was well prepared and empathic. But I was thinking that Puerto Rico was too much a competition for her. Guess what? I was wrong! Canada was considered Miss Universe and not Miss Puerto Rico, Miss Mexico or Miss Dominican Republic.

Congrats to all canadians. I seize the opportunity to ask if there happen to be canadian women on this forum at least the half as their compatriot (who by the way has some Russian descent)

Nov 5, 2004
Mr.Mark said:
For me, Puerto Rico was the most beautiful girl in that contest. She does ressemble Amelia like no one else and she had a perfect dominium of English, which helped here. The only thing is that she answered to the question taking too much time to get to the point.

Venezuela was not that pretty for me (of course, comparatively). She was asked maybe the toughest question (about the political problems in her country and what could be done to improve that situation). However, she managed to answer it kind of wisely (not talking too much about the obvious political semichaos in Venezuela). I've seen other Venezuelan girls on television which are prettier than her. Even in soap operas: has anyone here watched "Todos quieren con Marilyn"?

The Mexican girl was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. But there were better bodies out there than hers. I didn't quite understand her answer.

What can I say about my fellow countrywoman? She had in her favor her height, she was well prepared and empathic. But I was thinking that Puerto Rico was too much a competition for her. Guess what? I was wrong! Canada was considered Miss Universe and not Miss Puerto Rico, Miss Mexico or Miss Dominican Republic.

Congrats to all canadians. I seize the opportunity to ask if there happen to be canadian women on this forum at least the half as their compatriot (who by the way has some Russian descent)

Btw...what made up the actualy background of our Miss Universe from Canada...to me she looked a bit Italian....

Then again I am "Canadian" but I am French, Ukuranian, Russian, German, Scandinavian...and a few other things..I can never keep it all straight..so I jsut say Canadian...

M

Mr.Mark

PeachezNcream84 said:
Btw...what made up the actualy background of our Miss Universe from Canada...to me she looked a bit Italian....

Then again I am "Canadian" but I am French, Ukuranian, Russian, German, Scandinavian...and a few other things..I can never keep it all straight..so I jsut say Canadian...

Of course. And if I go several generations back I'll find that I have Portuguese ancestors. I don't mind that she has a Russian descent, it was just a comment.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh noooo!

la_barbie said:
Thats right baby !!! AZB you can eat your comment about canadian chicks !
Please, don't get him started!!. Knowing him, he would come up with something like: "I wonder if there's a resort worker jumping up and down yelling that his "love" won", hehe.

Btw, I do agree, they should have answered in spanish. Ms Puerto Rico spoke english but she spoke to fast.

Nov 5, 2004
Mr.Mark said:
Of course. And if I go several generations back I'll find that I have Portuguese ancestors. I don't mind that she has a Russian descent, it was just a comment.

Oh she is Russian decent?

I don't mind of what decent she is from :)I was jus wondering cuz I couldnt tell. I was thinkin she looked Italian....

M

Mr.Mark

PeachezNcream84 said:
Oh she is Russian decent?

I don't mind of what decent she is from :)I was jus wondering cuz I couldnt tell. I was thinkin she looked Italian....

Don't you remember Oxana, Miss Universe 2002 I believe? Natalie Geblova (Miss Universe 2005) could be her twin sister. Compare them.

Nov 5, 2004
Mr.Mark said:
Don't you remember Oxana, Miss Universe 2002 I believe? Natalie Geblova (Miss Universe 2005) could be her twin sister. Compare them.

This is my first time watching a beauty pagent...just heard about it here on DR1 and I love the movie Miss Congenitalty...so I decided to watch it ;)

It wasn't half bad..if I only I was born tall and skinny with 4 foot long legs...

LOL ;)

M

Mr.Mark

PeachezNcream84 said:
This is my first time watching a beauty pagent...just heard about it here on DR1 and I love the movie Miss Congenitalty...so I decided to watch it ;)

It wasn't half bad..if I only I was born tall and skinny with 4 foot long legs...

LOL ;)

Maybe you would prive us from your gentle attention. So good thing you weren't borned like that.

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
I just heard the news and they were talking about the pageant last night...they said that Miss Universe moved to Canada when she was 12...Was that from Russia? I missed that part!

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Miss Canada was the best in swimsuit

I think Miss Canada nailed the swimsuit part. She really had tight and toned physique. Wow! I think Miss Puerto Rico was over rated. I think Miss DR missed the opportunity to make the question work for her. Her answer was alright but she should have pulled a Brook Lee (Miss Universe 1997 for USA) moment.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Well!

lilcanadiangal said:
I just heard the news and they were talking about the pageant last night...they said that Miss Universe moved to Canada when she was 12...Was that from Russia? I missed that part!
With all seriousness, IMO, I believe that they should make a rule where it states that any Miss Universe contestant should only represent a country if she was borned and raised in that particular country!.

M

Mr.Mark

I don't quite agree with that...

miguel said:
With all seriousness, IMO, I believe that they should make a rule where it states that any Miss Universe contestant should only represent a country if she was borned and raised in that particular country!.

Miguel:

What if Canada's contestant were born in Russia but having Canadian parents (both of them)? She would have Canadian nationality, and that could make her even "more Canadian" than the actual situation (Miss Universe 2005 borned in Russia from a Russian father, but raised since 12 years of age in Canada)

I think this cube has more than one edge. So think about what I'm saying, what do you propose?

What's your opinion on Israel's girl being among the 10 finalists? I'm very pro-Israel, but I think there were girls much more better than her (such as Miss Guatemala). My little brother even nicknamed her "La Culebra", she just moved to sensually. I had the chance to watch a short interview they made to her, and she has a very unpleasant tone of voice.

Last edited: