Wyndham Pl. Dorada Or Sea Grape Beach Club

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Hi,

Has anyone ever stayed at either one of these resorts in Puerto Plata/Cabarete, Wyndham Playa Dorada and Sea Grape Beach Club.

What I really need to know if these resorts have a nice beach and clean. My friends are just looking for a place to go to tan, rest and enjoy the weather. A nice beach is very important.

Thanks

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Then they should forgo Playa Dorada and head to Punta Cana if beach is what they want. PC has that typical brochure cover beach with lots of trees and it's nice white sand, turquoise water and the beach goes on and on. However if price is an issue Sosua beach is nicer than PD - just have to be aware of the people that cd potentially bug them to buy things, etc.

As well I believe there is a resort or two near/at Playa Grande?? can anyone back this up? That beach is nicer than PD, lots of waves tho.

PD is ok but not memorable - can be murky and wweedy in spots. One good point is the fact you can walk a long way, and there are some nice outdoor restaurants further along the beach with typical Dominican food and nice people.

My opinion, after being in all those spots as well as Boca Chica and Juan Dolio.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Thanks Hollywood North, I'm very familiar with the better beaches are in PC. I believe one of the better beach area in POP is at Grand Flemenco resort, as I have stayed a a few places in POP and I found this to be the better resort beach.

My friends were looking at those two places due to prices(young and on a budget) and just wanted to know if these resorts were clean and that the beach was at least descent (not like the beach area at the RIU's resorts in POP). I was just wanting a comparison.