Cash Money Import

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
HI FOLKS !

Can you advise me if I can bring cash money (Eur or US$) into the DR and how much ? I will no have problems at the customs ?

Thankyouthankyou,

Hiram

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
HIRAM said:
HI FOLKS !

Can you advise me if I can bring cash money (Eur or US$) into the DR and how much ? I will no have problems at the customs ?

Thankyouthankyou,

Hiram
From the US, any amounts over $10K you have to declare with customs.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
The US Custom Declaration form requires you to report anything over $9,999.99. I think this might be the same amount for DR Customs. I have no idea what happens after that.
TEHAMA

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
TEHAMA said:
I have no idea what happens after that.
TEHAMA
After that, customs and federal agents will scrub your entire personal, employment and tax history. If you are caught with $9,900 in your pocket, they will also put you thru the ringer, for the possibility that you are laundering money. I would not try it, unless you want the feds up your a**

duck

Mar 20, 2005
www.manley.de
HIRAM said:
HI FOLKS !

Thankyouthankyou,

Hiram

There is a limit over which you have to declare the amount of cash or other negotiable instruments (ie: travellers checks) - I believe it is either the 10 or 15k in USD or equivalent in any other currency.

This has nothing to do with any regulations in other countries, although other countries have limits as well. Leaving or entereing the US you have to declare anything over 10k, and Europe (EU) 15k EUR.

International transfers & ATM's work great too, but it depends on what you are up to of course. :nervous:

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
OK, thank you guys; I will make a transfer to my DR account.

All the best,
put a smile on your face and a spring in your step !

Hiram

duck

Mar 20, 2005
www.manley.de
HIRAM said:
OK, thank you guys; I will make a transfer to my DR account.

All the best,
put a smile on your face and a spring in your step !

Hiram

BTW. Based on my experience with Banco de Reservas the transfer goes faster if it is made to a USD or EUR account. You also may get a better rate if you are changing to Pesos to pick it up once you get to the DR in USD or EUR cash and go to an exchange house to change.