Zona Franca in Santo Domingo availability.

UP_time

Aug 16, 2003
Hello.
I would like to rent either a building (nave) or even share space with an existing operation in a Zona Franca located in Santo Domingo.
It must be located in a public (Government) free zone.
Would anyone here know of any space availability now or in the near future?
We did extensive checks with Formento, but we all know what that can be like !
Thank You !

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Why in the heXX would you want space in a GOVERNMENT =OWNED Free Zone ONLY?????

Stop listening to the propaganda you must have gotten from some botella. Visit some companies in different Free Zones, get the owner's or manager's business card, and ask if you can call them back at their convenience, and make a decision based on that feedback, and you may have a lot better luck.

Privately held Free Zones are motivated to keep their Zone repaired, clean, and FULL. That way they make money, and have money to do the above.

It may be tough to find space much smaller than 6000 sq feet, unless you do share/ sublease. Give the specifics and bsic description of what you are looking for, and maybe we can help.

UP_time

Aug 16, 2003
Why in the heXX would you want space in a GOVERNMENT =OWNED Free Zone ONLY?????
Propaganda from some botella ?
LOL

OK Carlos..I need 11,000 sq ft in a private free zone very close to Santo Domingo.
We want to pay less than 1,900 monthly which includes maintenance.
Where are they?
Already checked Haina and San Cristobal and Bani.
Thank You !

UP_time

Aug 16, 2003
Thanks for the reply

Yes...I knew that the non public zones are more expensive, which is why I asked for a public or government owned nave..they are less expensive.
Our monthly rental now is approx 1900 for 11,000 sq ft.
And of coarse with govt owned naves...with your "maintenance" monthly payments nothing ever gets maintained...LOL!
I know that with probably all the private ones, maintenance and security are done right !
Thanks again for your response

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
OK, cost of the building is a starting point. For many companies, the rental cost is not as significant as electricity, or wages, etc.

JD is right, about the lowest cost they talk about in any Free Zone is about $3.00 or $3.25 a foot, to as high as $7 or $8.00 (per sq foot per year).

One suggestion I might offer - first get the Free Zone directory from the Consejo of the Free Zones - they are in the ugly concrete huacal on Navarro just above the Caribe Tours bus station on 27 de Febrero. It has contact info on all Free Zones, and a rent rate, and stats.

Next, check out any Free Zones that are very quiet ( not many tenants). I could suggest the Free Zone in Quisqueya, (just above San Pedro) which is within an hour of either the Boca Chica and Caucedo ports, but right now has only one or two companies operating. They are interested in getting jobs there.

Another possibility is in Bayaguana, which is about 1/2 hour north of the east side of Santo Domingo, but SOMEDAY will have a major carretera going by it. Either place, check out the planta because you will need it. The trucking costs won't be much higher than if you were 1 mile away, to the trucking mafia it's the same thing.

Suerte.

UP_time

Aug 16, 2003
Thanks for all the good info.
We obtained the planta, pumps,etc a year ago before we started ..
Not to mention new conduit, wiring, lighting, plumbing, extensive roof repairs etc.
Anybody thinking of govt owned buildings has to be ready for all the above and more. and if thats not enough, you have to enjoy paying for non-existent services..like Security !
I will checkout Quisqueya.
Thanks again for your time !