Question on Hotel Lomar in Puerto Plata

J

James

I will be traveling to Puerto Plata next month and would like to stay at the Hotel Lamar. Does anyone have any recent information. I read this sites info on the hotel but looking for additional information. Do they have in room safes? Does the staff speak at least some English? Does anyone have their address/telephone number?

Thanks James

P

Phyllis

Phone 819-586-2858, Fax 819-586-5050 - very friendly staff.

J

James

Thanks for the telephone numbers. Do you know if they speak English?

P

Phyllis

It will depend on who answers the phone... simply ask do you speak english? Habla Inglis? And someone should be able to help.

P

Phyllis

It will depend on who answers the phone... simply ask do you speak english? Habla Inglis? And someone should be able to help. Or send a fax asking what you want in english and I have received a fax back in english before, so they are very helpful people!

G

Grahame Bush

As I recall from friends who have stayed there, there are no safes in the rooms but there are facilities in the reception area. Yes the girl on the switchboard normally speaks English but not many other mermbers of staff do. If you have any difficulties, drop me a line & I will call them on your behalf (I live in Puerto Plata!).

Do not leave messages & ask friends ONLY to speak with you if they phone whilst you are on holiday. Messages sometimes do NOT get passed on!! Good Luck - you should have a good holiday. Turn right out of the hotel, walk 7-8 mins. up the front & the best beach within walking distance is at Cosita Rica open air cafe. Look out for the English woman who feeds the stray dogs down there - she is the source of MUCH good information.

N

noelle

If you don't feel comfy with comments and replies, you can always check Sofy's B&B..... 5 minutes away.... we are here to please and ensure that you enjoy your holiday in Puerto Plata... The Pros... Noelle and Sofy!!!! Cheers

A

Alexandra Peek

Phyllis,

This phone- and faxnumbers are the same like hotel Porto Fino, is this the same place, using a different name ???

Alexandra

P

Phyllis

Hi Alex, Lomar is considered the Mother hotel of PortoFino; they share the same reservation desk are a only a few blocks away from each other.

P

Phyllis

Hi Noelle, I agree Sofy's B&B is great! Very pleasant surroundings, clean and friendly/relaxed atmosphere... not to mention the excellent breakfast served!! I highly recommend your place and your English is perfect!

G

GRAHAM

Virtually all the reception staff speak english to some degree, communication is very easy, I have just come back from staying there last week, have stayed there 4 times to date, good hotel, if you have any problems getting through, Email my friend Grahame bush (posting earlier in the thread) he will shurely help as he lives just round the corner form the hotel

P

Phyllis

Since you just stayed there last week, what is the cost now and is there a restaurant on site?

G

GRAHAM

HI,Phyllis RD$400 for an aparta, cable, aircon, shower, fridge phone, etc or for the same with seperate sitting room RD$500,long stays are negotiable. A simple eating area for breakfast sandwiches, beer etc, They have a sister hotel mentioned previously in this thread that has full restuarant and pool which you are entitled to use as a guest at Lomar, they are owned by the same family just 2 mins up the malecon. Kind regards Graham

J

James

Re:Hotel Lomar-- Graham check your email please

Graham,

I sent both Grahams who replied to my posting an email. Thanks

James