cheap phones charges from uk

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Anyguys or gals from UK out there.

Do you know the cheapest way to phone DR.

Bt land line or pay phone is 50p per min and myO2 mobiles is a 90p per min with a discount!!!

Any help appreciated.

Chelle

calala2k

Apr 22, 2005
crazydaisy said:

Bt land line or pay phone is 50p per min and myO2 mobiles is a 90p per min with a discount!!!

Any help appreciated.

Chelle

hi chelle,
cheapest is to buy a 'UNITY' card from a pakistan shop its a free 0800 phone number to call type in the code then the destination number. you can get them in a ?5 ?10 ?20 card you get 50mins for a fiver! i think with the ?20 card you get a free ?5 too. nowhere else i have found that do it cheaper than 10p a min. but if any one else knows of something cheaper please let me know!!
hope that helps
calala2k

cutedevil

Nov 5, 2004
You can also try UNITEL you get 130 minutes for ?5. I have not seen the cards in ?10 or ?20. But this is the best for phoning the Dominican. You would get them from the local indian shop etc.

regards

cutedevil

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
crazydaisy said:

Any help appreciated.

Chelle

I have a question - are you calling a landline in the DR or a DR mobile?

Either way I found a really cheap way to call which beats having to go and buy calling cards all the time

Calling from a UK LANDLINE to DR MOBILE OR LANDLINE

Dial 0870 794 7700 weekdays and 0844 570 7700 weekend for Dominican Republic landlines and 0871 570 7165 for mobiles

At the prompt, enter your full international number (including the 00) - and that's it.

You pay National rate (3.9p/min evenings (6pm-8am), 5p at weekends (all time) and 7.9p/min weekdays (8am-6pm)) for Dominican Republic landlines and 10p/min for mobiles

There are no hidden charges here - you just pay the price of a national call - and it appears on your bill as a national call.....I have used it many times before

Daydream

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Hi,
calling from home in Belgium to the DR I always use connectelmundo.com on the pc. a Canadian company. I pay 0.12 to 0.22 USdollarcent/min depending on the dominican operator, which is really cheap. Check their rates from the UK. Quality is very good most of the time. This is a system whereby you enter your land/mobile number in the pc, the number in the DR, click on 'dial now' and your phone starts ringing and then you hear it ringing on the other side. Very easy.
Bartolomeo