Are the Deportations that bad on the deportees?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Everybody imagines misery, disorientation, cries, and fear to be seen in the faces of those Haitians who find themselves being deported. After all, the NGO organizations are screaming of the "inhumane" treatment the Haitians are receiving.

Hmm, why do these Haitian seem neutral, maybe even satisfied?

Am I missing something?

I expected cries, fear, and yet, well, take a look...

These are pictures of the first pickup filled with Haitians being deported in May, take your time to notice on the faces of the Haitians in the pick up...

Hmm, the picture being painted by the NGOs and the picture in this real life photograph just don't add up...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/140/3877/640/Primera plana_01.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/140/3877/640/Repatriaciones Dajabn Pasaporte_02.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/140/3877/640/Repatriaciones Dajabn Carn_01.jpg

Last edited:

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Don't know if it's just me ......

Nal0whs said:

I get a ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/img/140/3877/640/Repatriaciones Dajabn Carn_01.jpg

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:55:36 GMT by photos1.blogger.com (squid/2.5.STABLE3)

messege when I try to click ????

and then when I try to click on the page link I get a page cannot be displayed messege??

What's up?

Stay well,
Amy

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
Nal0whs said:
Everybody imagines misery, disorientation, cries, and fear to be seen in the faces of those Haitians who find themselves being deported. After all, the NGO organizations are screaming of the "inhumane" treatment the Haitians are receiving.

Hmm, why do these Haitian seem neutral, maybe even satisfied?

Am I missing something?

I expected cries, fear, and yet, well, take a look...

These are pictures of the first pickup filled with Haitians being deported in May, take your time to notice on the faces of the Haitians in the pick up...

Hmm, the picture being painted by the NGOs and the picture in this real life photograph just don't add up...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/140/3877/640/Primera plana_01.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/140/3877/640/Repatriaciones Dajabn Pasaporte_02.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/140/3877/640/Repatriaciones Dajabn Carn_01.jpg

Lol! Just 3 pics? I've seen pictures of poor, malnourished african children smiling. Sometimes a pictures is worth a thousands words, at other times it ain't worth 2 cents.

At any rate......... I think those haitians that are in DR illegaly, deserve to be deported, really! Legal immigration is one thing, but there's something that strikes me as uterly repulsive about able- bodied men and women fool-heartedly forcing themselves on other nations, by the tens of millions. With little to no grasp of what they're going to do once they've reached their supposed"promised land". Not to mention concern for how their presense might be a detriment to the poorer classes in the nations that they invade.

I'd also say that I'm 100% for illegal dominicans and other foreigners in the u.s. being forceable returned to their homelands. Also, I think that the govt should make it much more difficult for foreigners, who're married to american citizens to aquire green cards and/or citizenship; To root out some of the marriage fraudsters. That's another topic............

All b.s. aside, Illegal immigration to better off nations is not the answer to eliminating or reducing poverty around the globe. If anything, it serves to aid the very opposite, in that it doesn't promote self-reliance on a national level. Human beings are supposed to be hardiest & most adaptable beings on the planet. Able to survive in near -arctic environs, mountains, deserts, you name it......... It seems to me that a huge swarth of humanity has forgotten this and chooses to lean upon neighboring countries, when the feel they can't make it own their own.

Some of the wealthiest nations on the planet hail for poor and humble begginings. Many eventually prospered through hard work, ingenuity and sound & just governance?

In my book opportunity isn't only something that's given to one or something that you flee to, but something that you make. What am I driving at? Haitians should be in haiti, striving to improve their country, not flooding DR with migrants.

Carl e.

Last edited:

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
carl ericson70 said:
At any rate......... I think those haitians that are in DR illegaly, deserve to be deported, really!
Carl e.

The worst part is this: These are not "normal deportations." "These are "racial deportations" just for being Hatian.

The US, Canada, Europe and others countries don't really care where their illegal aliens come from when it's time to send them back to their countries. They respect their human rights which does not happen to Haitians in the DR.

Why doesn't the Dominican Rep. send back the other aliens who live there illegally? (People from countries from all over the world.) No one tries to use INTERPOL to look for these other foreigners who have criminal records and are living freely in the Dominican Republic.

Haitians get deported simply for being Haitian. Their illegal status is only discovered once crimes have already been commited against them - they are beaten, raped and robbed because they are a minority but it is much easier for authorities to say that they are being sent back to Haiti because of their immigration status.

Why don't other foreigners get deported if they do not have a legal status?

I don't wish deportation on anyone - I just want fair laws to be established so that people who should be deported get deported with respect to their human rights. Your race or nationality should not come into play when it comes to deportation - if you are an illegal you should either fix your status or go home. Above all, international human rights codes should be respected - no beatings, no robbings, no rape - just justice.

You don't have to agree with but let me put it in this way: if an entire nation is after your people simply because of your nationality how are going to feel? What would you call this type of discrimination?

We all know that there are many other foreigers hiding in the DR. No one is out to make their lives miserable. There are, however, people in the DR who take it upon themselves to make the lives of Haitians miserable. This is just plain wrong.

And this is not new in the DR either. Even in the Trujillo era dark skinned people (even Dominicans) were chased simply for their colour.

The DR is a country where many do not know the words "Humans Rights." These are just in books and they don't work there. How many times do people get stopped in the street just for way they look? They have long hair, tattoos, etc.

This may not be hell - but it's not a paradise either.

Last edited:

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
simpson Homer said:
The worst part is: This is not a Normal deportation. "This is Call racial deportation" just for the fact of being Hatian.

US, Canada, Europe and others country they dont really care where the illegal alien come from when it's time to send those people back to their country and respect allien Human rights...
Really? Are Cubans and Haitians treated the same when they illegally land on US soil? The essence of your reasoning is equality. Well, are ALL illegal aliens treated equally?

NotLurking

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
NotLurking said:
Really? Are Cubans and Haitians treated the same when they illegally land on US soil? The essence of your reasoning is equality. Well, are ALL illegal aliens treated equally?

NotLurking

very good point, Cubans get greeted with green card if they make US Soil, haitians get deported.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Well,

Your reply is that Cubans and Haitians are treated differently for political reasons. I guess you know that Castro is not going to allow these Cubans back to their country. They are considered traitors and that's why they can remain refugees. Haitians can be deported back to their country any time but I'm sure if their lives are in danger, they can remain in US.

I know you can tell the differences between these deportations.
And now that you've mentioned deportations involving Cubans and Haitians from the US, here's a question for you: does the US break the human rights of those they deport the same way the Dominican Rep. does? Do they kick, hit and punch deportees like the Dominicans do to the Haitians even if they were born in the Dominican Rep.?
I'll bet you no one born in the US gets deported from the US just because their parents are there illegally.

But let's keep this thread about "Illegal Aliens in Dominican Rep. and how they are deported."

Anyone living in the Dominican illegally who is not in danger if they return to their countries should be deported regardless of where they are from. They should be deported with respect.

I am 100% sure U.S Immigration does not do what Dominican Immigration does.
Laws work bit better in terms of rights in the US.

I have seen the deportation of Haitian in the Dominican Republic. People who have had children born in the DR are beaten up in front of their families by Dominican immigration officials. Their belongings are taken and they are deported with nothing. Many of these Haitians have no criminal records - their only crime is being Haitian.

I guess that you have never been to places called "Batey" in the DR. Go to one one day and you will see pregnant women who already have a few other kids who have been born in the Dominican living in terrible poverty. Just ask them how many times they have come close to be deported just for the fact that they have Haitian parents.

I am not an expert in immigration in the DR but you know what, people have right as humans.

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
carl ericson70 said:
...but there's something that strikes me as uterly (sic) repulsive about able- bodied men and women fool-heartedly forcing themselves on other nations
I'm guessing you were not born in an impoverished country where they're are almost no opportunities to feed your family. It's sad that you feel repulsed by someone that has nothing, and is trying to better themselves by taking a risk to enter a foreign land on the slim chance of success.

While this might not apply to you, a famous radio announcer once said to one of his listeners when they complained about the immigrants; "Everyday you wake up, you should thank God that you were born white, male, and in America".

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
for those who like to read please take a chance to check this out.

http://www.hamline.edu/cla/academics/international_studies/diaspora/haitians/paper.html

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2002/domrep/domrep0402-02.htm

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/RWB.NSF/db900SID/ACIO-6CHKYP?OpenDocument

Please let me know if you knew about this, Because let me tell I am Dominican who used to live near by sugar cane field for over 10 years seing
all kind of discrimination that Hatian were facing by then and still.

Carl : Pay attention to this. this is something that you should know if you didnt knew this.

DEPORTED BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

Targeted because their skin color is often darker, "Haitian-looking" people are frequently deported to Haiti within hours of their detention, causing families to be separated and children to be left behind. Suspected undocumented Haitians - including Dominicans of Haitian descent - have no fair opportunity to challenge their expulsion.
Released on April 4, "'Illegal People': Haitians and Dominico-Haitians in the Dominican Republic," calls on the Dominican Republic to revise its deportation policies to ensure due process and to avoid race-based discrimination, to recognize the citizenship of Dominicans of Haitian descent, and to allow Haitian children to attend Dominican schools.
In Santo Domingo, Jos? Miguel Vivanco, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch's Americas division, and Deputy Director Joanne Mariner met with several high officials in the Dominican government, including President Hip?lito Mej?a. President Mej?a agreed to grant Dominican citizenship to Claubian Jean Jacques, a Dominico-Haitian student whose case was highlighted in the report. Jean Jacques, an outstanding high school student who would otherwise not have been allowed to graduate, was promised a college scholarship by Mej?a.
The report received substantial media attention, included coverage on CNN and a mention in the New York Times.

Homer J. Simpson

Last edited:

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
Those articles you presented where excellent, but I will have to say illegal immigration is wrong and the illegall's have to get deported in a fair and humane manner which I think is not going on. Im still wondering what is the out come of the Haitian nationals that allegedly killed the Dominican nationals if any of you know about the Dominican Policia than you know that they will never slove this crime so in DR they are guilty case closed, man we are so lucky to be aqui en Los Estados Unidos.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Every country has laws and they need to be respected and followed. Whether the citizens of other countries agree with the laws of the foreign country or not, is irrelevant; they still need to be respected. According to the highest court in the Dominican Republic descendants of illegal persons, Haitians or other otherwise, do NOT acquire Dominican citizenship under the 'in transit' exception to Aarticle 11 of the Dominican Constitution. What is so difficult to understand about that?

Every country does not adheres to Jus Soli (right of soil) and even some that do have EXCEPTIONS like the DR. Thus, children of illegals are NOT Dominican citizens according to the highest court of the land (DR), hence descendants of illegals are illegal too and subject to deportation.

In the case of Haitians citizens illegally in DR, their children do not acquire Dominican citizenship under Dominican law. They do however acquire Haitian citizenship by Jus sanguinis (right of blood) and are legal Haitian citizens subject to repatriation (to Haiti).

Note that under ALL circumstances breaking the law is frowned upon by the world in general. Why should illegal aliens in DR be rewarded by not being deported be them Haitians, Chinese or any other nationality?

NotLurking

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
NotLurking said:
Every country has laws and they need to be respected and followed. Whether the citizens of other countries agree with the laws of the foreign country or not, is irrelevant; they still need to be respected. According to the highest court in the Dominican Republic descendants of illegal persons, Haitians or other otherwise, do NOT acquire Dominican citizenship under the 'in transit' exception to Aarticle 11 of the Dominican Constitution. What is so difficult to understand about that?

Every country does not adheres to Jus Soli (right of soil) and even some that do have EXCEPTIONS like the DR. Thus, children of illegals are NOT Dominican citizens according to the highest court of the land (DR), hence descendants of illegals are illegal too and subject to deportation.

In the case of Haitians citizens illegally in DR, their children do not acquire Dominican citizenship under Dominican law. They do however acquire Haitian citizenship by Jus sanguinis (right of blood) and are legal Haitian citizens subject to repatriation (to Haiti).

Note that under ALL circumstances breaking the law is frowned upon by the world in general. Why should illegal aliens in DR be rewarded by not being deported be them Haitians, Chinese or any other nationality?

NotLurking
Hi notlurking,

It just looks like homer is just another Haitian who is very much concern about his people...He probably was also one of the bateyes workers. He obviuosly does not knows about a country's immigrations laws and wants to blame deportations of illegal haitians on racism....It is always the excuse they use against the DR. I wander what excuses they use when they get deported from the TURKS, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago and many other more afrikanized countries.

Can someone explain to him why in the DR he won't see a mass deportation of the french, canadians, americans or the british unlike the haitians?
Not that these people don't get deported when they are caught. And what american, british, canadian, australian or japanese is going to leave their golden land to live illgally and pitifully in DR?

He will see a mass deportation of all these people if for some misfortune their economy crumbles to the ground and they start flooding the DR illegally in by the mass.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I'm with Homer on this one. This has been debated ad nauseam here, but I will say that even though The DR does have a right to deport illegal aliens of any nation the practice of violating the human rights of these people needs to stop. We need to stop acting like we live in the 1700s and start treating people in a decent manner and unfortunately a lot of my compatriots have not learned this yet. I guess what else can you expect from all the come yerbas that are enrolled in our police and armed forces.

Also the fact that they deport dominicans too, just because they "look haitian" really gets me angry. If I was one of those people and one of these people deported me and hit me, I swear I would look for him and give him his dues when I returned back into The DR. Sorry but that's how I feel...I'm not a very forgiving person I guess...

We all need to start carrying our cameras and start recording some of these attrocities if we happen to see them being committed. Send them to Nuria. If nothing else maybe the people doing this will at least get fired...hopefully.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
[/QUOTE=Mr_Dr]Blame deportations of illegal haitians on racism....It is always the excuse they use against the DR. I wander what excuses they use when they get deported from the TURKS, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago and many other more afrikanized countries.[/QUOTE]

Mr DR when they are deported from these other countries they are treated fairly and humane and in the DR they are not. Also every time some one on this board who says something about how the Haitians are being treated in DR you call them Haitian why is that? Why cant they be fellow Dominicans who care about how human beings are being treated in the DR?

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Well, let me tell you IM 100% proud Dominican blood, background and born.
I was not a "Batey worker" and what's wrong if I was.

You dont even know me, I might know more than you think be careful... playing with your words against me. I dont have to tell where I worked back in the Dominican when I had the chance to put a few Criminal back in their places and were not Haitian, Dominican Rep. waste a lot of time seeking Illegal Haitian were many Criminal are living in there Specialy foreigner . **enoght about me** I am a simply Dominican who dont hate Hatian but I dont like Criminals.

Now number 2: this out.

http://www.hoy.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=45774

Mr_DR said:
Not that these people don't get deported when they are caught. And what american, british, canadian, australian or japanese is going to leave their golden land to live illgally and pitifully in DR?.

here is your answer and you say that every foreigner are perfect and the cant leave their country to live in DR. now read this or get some one that translated for you. Those should be depored too with respect to their rights btu should be deported.

RD es refugio criminales perseguidos:
FBI persigue m?s de 60 extranjeros estar?an en el pa?s 12:33 PM

AEROPUERTO DE LAS AMERICAS.- Sesenta y dos extranjeros acusados de cometer cr?menes en sus pa?ses son buscados en Rep?blica Dominicana por el Bur? Federal de Investigaciones -FBI-, la Polic?a Internacional (Interpol), y los organismos de inteligencia dominicanos.

Los informes dan cuenta de que agentes de las diferentes entidades se desplazan por poblaciones y polos tur?sticos, mostrando fotograf?as en hoteles y otros lugares de los extranjeros buscados.

Entre los buscados hay cubanos, puertorrique?os, estadounidenses, mexicanos, ?rabes, espa?oles, italianos, canadienses y franceses, de acuerdo con informes de organismos de inteligencia.

#3 Nobody has to explain me why DR don't make a mass deportation against other countries.

The DR, owes so much money to others countries and to deport their criminal from DR on massive scale would mean further economic troubles for the DR.

Mr_DR said:
Hi notlurking,

It just looks like homer is just another Haitian who is very much concern about his people...He probably was also one of the bateyes workers. He obviuosly does not knows about a country's immigrations laws and wants to blame deportations of illegal haitians on racism....It is always the excuse they use against the DR. I wander what excuses they use when they get deported from the TURKS, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago and many other more afrikanized countries.

Can someone explain to him why in the DR he won't see a mass deportation of the french, canadians, americans or the british unlike the haitians?
Not that these people don't get deported when they are caught. And what american, british, canadian, australian or japanese is going to leave their golden land to live illgally and pitifully in DR?

He will see a mass deportation of all these people if for some misfortune their economy crumbles to the ground and they start flooding the DR illegally in by the mass.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
I was talking to one diplomat. What happen if my wife who is not Dominican either Haitian, has a baby in the DR. will the babe will be consider Dominican even that my wife doesn't have Dominican Papers.

Sit down and read this. He said the boy will be Dominican national born with rights.

I read most of the articles about imigration rights and nationality. Guess what DR will give the Nationality so easy to any person that for a Haitian child will be deny just for been Hatian.

Mr. DR. I belive you hold something about Haitian don't you?

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
simpson Homer said:
I was talking to one diplomat. What happen if my wife who is not Dominican either Haitian, has a baby in the DR. will the babe will be consider Dominican even that my wife doesn't have Dominican Papers.

Sit down and read this. He said the boy will be Dominican national born with rights.

I read most of the articles about imigration rights and nationality. Guess what DR will give the Nationality so easy to any person that for a Haitian child will be deny just for been Hatian.

Mr. DR. I belive you hold something about Haitian don't you?

The Haitian constiturion says that no matter where you wasborn, if your parents are haitian you are haitian too.

And it's different looking for 60 criminals than living wiht 1 million of haitians as ilegals.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
This is really getting old...

Simpson Homer, you need to do more reading on Dominican law and you need to read the Dominican Constitution if you want to argue the finer points of Dominican citizenship and the rights afforded Dominican citizens under it.The result of your example will be as you've noted however not for the reasons you've listed. In the case of you, Dominican by Jus Soli and Jus Sanguinis by your own account, your child would be a Dominican citizen by both Jus Soli and Jus Sanguinis!!! Furthermore, your wife, if legally married to you, I suppose that's what you meant by wife, whether illegal or not, can claim Dominican citizenship according to the Dominican Constitution! Your spouse is entitled to Dominican citizenship under the law and enjoys ALL the rights afforded ALL Dominican citizens!!! Please read the Dominican Constitution for further enlightenment.

Getting back to illegal migration into DR, I don't want to sound mean or be labeled inhumane but the simple logical solution to this issue is quite simple. If Haitians don't like the treatment they get in DR, don't illegally migrate there, stay in Haiti!!!! Let them stay in their more ''humane' country. Don't you think? I'm sure that if you are mistreated any place you go, you'll exercise your right of choice and choose to avoid going to a place you could potentially be mistreated. Haitians want to break the law, illegals run from the authorities, giving the authorities a hard time to capture them then they (illegals) want to be treated like 90 year nuns? Give me a break! This isn't a new problem in DR. This problem is quite old and stale. It's been here since before Trujillo. It's over half a century old. You'd think that Haitians would have learned by now that they should not BREAK the LAW by illegally migrating to DR and if they do, they'll get deported when caught. They might be even treated in a manner that seems to bother them and some of you, therefore, they should STAY HOME.

The international community at large are hypocrites. I don't see the financial aid that the USA or the other Rich countries of the world are pouring into Haiti to alleviate the problems in Haiti so Haitians don't have to migrate illegally to other countries. Haiti is in disrepair, in disparate need of help but no one, that's right, no one, is opening their boarders to take in a few thousands Haitians or sending a few billions dollars to help. But the world wants DR to suck'em up like popsicles.

The international community do offer a big amount of free lip service to the problem as though that is going to solve something. Human rights is all well and good! I guess that's why the USA has a policy of zero tolerance of Haitian illegal immigration to the US. Very humane!

The DR is poor! It can't even handle the welfare of its citizens but yet the DR can not expel illegals that refuses to leave by force. The efforts of the Dominican authority to rid itself of close one million illegals is obfuscated by bad press and Monday morning quarter backing by HRS and/or other international organization. This is really old and stale. Haitians should just stay home or face the music, deportation.

NotLurking

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
I know 60 criminals living in DR and 1 million of Illegals haitians are differents Issue but those people should be deported also not matter where they come from.

You all, are right..! But still Haitian are Humans.

I still believe that a Illegal Haitian woman who gives birth in DR. her child has the right for a Nationality. I might not understanding clear the law but according to the "Child rights" this include Nationality, Education, protection,

etc. http://www.informejudicial.com/?go=2

Again you all are right about deporting Illegals who live in DR.

hey not just Haitian.

This is MY LAST POST IN THIS DEBATE HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME to ALL.
;)
riravaga said:
The Haitian constiturion says that no matter where you wasborn, if your parents are haitian you are haitian too.

And it's different looking for 60 criminals than living wiht 1 million of haitians as ilegals.