activites for kids in boca chica area

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
Hey everyone i know you guys are such expert at BC. i ead a post a little while back about a water park in DR i''m not sure if it was in the boca chica area it was "aqua ....something"? If anyone knows of any place of this sort please let me know.Also any other fun ideas will be helpful.I'm leaving next Friday soo soo excited. :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not much in BC itself apart from beach and swimming pools. Aqua Splash is not that far, maybe 20 mins drive from BC towards Santo Domingo on Avenida Espa?a, just before you get to the city proper.

Opposite Aqua Splash is the Acuario Nacional (Aquarium) which is worth a visit, although I hear it has been neglected of late. I haven't been for a year or so.

If you wish to venture into the city, there are several things the children might enjoy, like the small amusement park Arcadas on Ave. Churchill and Museo Trampolin in the Colonial Zone. You don't say what ages the children are - they might also like exploring the ruins and the fort in the Colonial Zone.

The city also has a rather good zoo and excellent botanical gardens. Both have 'trains' that take visitors round the sites, and admission prices are very low.

Something my son enjoys is a visit to the Feria Ganadera (Farmers fair) on the Malecon where you can see lots of farm animals, hire horses and ponies for riding and - if you're lucky - watch some fancy horsemanship displays.

In the other direction, from Boca Chica drive past San Pedro de Macoris, on the road to La Romana, is La Cueva de las Maravillas - "the cave of wonders" - a massive cave with impressive rock formations and indigenous wall markings.

Once you are in the area you might as well continue to Altos de Chavon which is a nice enough place to roam around, children or no children.

-- Other posters might know - is there a go-karting place near BC (before the airport) or am I confusing that with something else?