Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahlil Gibran

I made the 300,000th post!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kahlil Gibran

Out of all the writers and philosiphers who have touched my life, the greatest one is Kahlil Girbran, aka The Prophet. Jack Kerouac is up there but he's still no Kahlil.

I have a compilation book called The Treasured Writings of Kahlil Gibran that is basically my bible. Mr. Gibran and plain old fishing are my religion. I wanted to share a quote with those of you who have been so amazing and wonderful to me on this board. Hope you enjoy.

" When you tell your troubles to your neighbor you present him with a great part of your heart. If he possesses a great soul, he thanks you; if he possesses a small one, he belittles you".

And my personal favorite:

" He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother for even your own kindred may never know you nor know your true worth"

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Deleated, nice- but not DR related.

Thanks
    Tim H.:SMOKE:

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody seen my bong?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

" He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother for even your own kindred may never know you nor know your true worth"
    I read the same sign posted above the reception desk at my doctor's office. Of course he knew my 'true worth', it invoiced to the tune of US$100 for an hour of private psychiatric consultation.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine_79
    Out of all the writers and philosiphers who have touched my life, the greatest one is Kahlil Girbran, aka The Prophet. Jack Kerouac is up there but he's still no Kahlil.
    Wow, Girbran and Kerouac mentioned in the same breath. All someone needs to do is mention Hoffman and Sinclair to bring back those memories of my youth that were long since lost in a purple haze.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Rellosk, did you find my bong?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool learn something new every day...

1. bong

A device made of clay, ceramic, plastic tubing or PVC, glass, a two liter coke bottles, or any other man made or fabricated substance that is normally filled with water to smoke fine and tasty nuggs of marijuanna with; can be of varying lengths and sizes.

"Hey, wanna come over and hit the bong?"

http://www.urbandictionary.com

On Vacation....
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Did I miss the point ...

Of the replies to the OP? What the heck does bong and drug induced amnesia have to do with someone expressing gratitude by way of a quote from one of her favorite authors? This site provides invaluable information to anyone seeking information on the DR. I've learned so much from this site to help me every time I visit the DR.

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timex
    Deleated, nice- but not DR related.

Thanks
    Tim H.:SMOKE:
    Oddly enough deleted means still there in this case.

Island Body
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shadInToronto
    Of the replies to the OP? What the heck does bong and drug induced amnesia have to do with someone expressing gratitude by way of a quote from one of her favorite authors? This site provides invaluable information to anyone seeking information on the DR. I've learned so much from this site to help me every time I visit the DR.
    Sorry if we like to have a little fun now and again - guys please stop having a laugh now .... didn't realize that it's not possible to share a fond memory that something someone posted brought up - it completely robs the original thought of any meaningfulness and renders it useless.

Puleese, take a chill pill, or a hit on the proverbial bong and appreciate the thoughfull quote as well as the little jokey-wokey!!

Stay well,
    Amy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast