World center for medical services?

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Obviously, I wasn't the only one watching 60 Minutes. Apples and Oranges, baby. Apples and Oranges.
TEHAMA

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
TEHAMA said:
Obviously, I wasn't the only one watching 60 Minutes. Apples and Oranges, baby. Apples and Oranges.
TEHAMA

I don't understand your post. Are you saying that in your opinion it is impossible for the DR to have such a medical center?

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
I guess you had to have seen the episode. When I read this brief article. It sounds word for word (almost) like the show. Even the countries mentioned. As if someone watched show and said, "Hey! That's what we can do, too."

First the subway and now the World Medical center. What's next? A space program? I think its no real surprise that the DR subway talk "just happend" to occur shortly after San Juan opened theirs.

I dont mean to sound over-critical, but I think that many here feel their identify has to be defined by another country's success story.

Find your own niche and do that well, is all I am saying. Bouncing from one major project to another major project wasting time and going no where.
TEHAMA

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
TEHAMA said:
I guess you had to have seen the episode. When I read this brief article. It sounds word for word (almost) like the show. Even the countries mentioned. As if someone watched show and said, "Hey! That's what we can do, too."

I saw the episode and was quite impressed by it. Since my wife had just had a hip replacement done here, I thought while viewing the episode that she did as well here as she would have going to India, for example, and that cost of air travel was much less than what was mentioned on the episode for the hospital featured.

Personally, I think this would be a very desirable sort of tourism, certainly much better than attracting old men in search of young boys. The fact that the DR didn't think of it first, doesn't both me. If the facilities and equipment are available, and if the best medical people agree to participate, I think they should go for it.