Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Older than dirt...

Older than the hills and twice as dusty, but mostly too old to cut the mustard

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Watch who you call old there O&C I can hand out warning points now you know. :laugh:

Welcome back try and stick around this time. ;)

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We're doin' fine

Young 'un. What chuall benn up to? Behaving or still raising Cain!

HB :p:p:p

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Amen to ALL above!!!

Actually I found I got to be about 10 years younger without you mithering me all the time!!! Nice to see you about & ready to kick butt again!! :devious: Tom D' sends his regards! ;) !! ~ Grahame.

Mar 21, 2002
Hahahaha, no I meant old as far as dr1 is concerned, not age. No, I'm still alive but I had such a bad accident in the dr I thought I was going to die. I got hit by a tractor trailer in El Autopista Duarte nearing Santiago on March 18 at 2:30 a.m. on the driver's left rear side. The SUV I was driving spun out of control. From the center lane I smacked across the 2 lanes and broke the barrier. I fell over the side and fell about 10 or 20 feet. It was during one nasty thunderstorm. I noticed the red sky and the ominous rolling low lying clouds which frightened me about 2 hours prior to the debacle. Of course that truck driver never stopped or cared to. Thank God nothing happened to me or to my girlfriend (UNBELIEVABLE, the SUV is totalled- Mitsubishi Montero). I still cant believe I got off only with a torn left arm below the elbow. After we broke the barrier, the vehicle lounged head first onto rocks. Thank God for the airbags.

I think I am going to listen to my grandmother from now on. She always warned me about traveling at night. I never thought about dieing before. I thought I was immortal and invincible. Now I realize its a gift for us all- ENDING. Sorry to sound morbid. In those deathtifying 2-3 minutes I truly felt it was the end.

Now I see the difference between life and death is 1 minute at any given moment. I still have flashbacks but I am feeling better. My girlfriend is also shaken up and recuperating. I wasn't going to mention it, such an ugly thing, but when Kris said he thought I was dead, I had another flashback of the accident. I have been told that writing helps to minimalize the mental pain so as I am reliving the accident right now I am rewriting it.

Some have told me to see a therapist but then I'll feel like I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs or something, lol, so I desisted.

BTW, in case AZB is reading this, yes my girlfriend is a lily white cibaena with jet black straight hair. Hahahaha, had to put that in there so as to pass the AZB dr girl check. Well I am feeling better again right now.

Can you boys and girls give me any info on the other members from the ole days.

I love you all very much, God bless and on occassions I think of you all with your unique personalities, insights , anecdotal remarks and our common love of the DR.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Wow, OC, you had a close call! Thanks for sharing the experience with us.

I'm certain an experience like that causes a person to make major changes in his thinking about a lot of things, as you have confirmed happened in your case. I predict the old OC is gone, replaced by a kinder, more humble version. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow that was some miracle. Gracias a Dios you are alive.

Again welcome back. Which of the old members are you interesting in?

Unfortunately some are no longer with us

Johnnyhonda, el jefe have passed away. May they rest in peace.

Mar 21, 2002
Nice to hear from a friendly voice along others

Hillbilly said:
Young 'un. What chuall benn up to? Behaving or still raising Cain!

HB :p:p:p

Hope you are well whilst you carry the banner of DR sovereignty. Feeling a little nationalist today after reading about the invasions of our homeland from various threads. I must be in a bubble lately. Really haven't noticed these haitian migrations as of late.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Hello O&C

I just have to say, I have enjoyed reading your past posts on DR1, quite insightful and amusing. Como mi madre dice cuando escucha cuentos sobre accidentes de esa magnitud: "Naciste para un fin". Cuidate.

Peace,
Capo

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
From what I heard Escott was given many warnings about his behavior on here. He didn't listen and eventually was blocked permanently from posting on here.

I don't know about x-man.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Ken is alive and well and still in search of the Percale Bandit. As with all us "oldies" he doesn't get out as much as previously.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I don't post that much, but I do read the DR1 forums, almost every day. Alive & well in Las Terrenas.