babys passport

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
does a dominican baby/infant need a passport to visit the US? we were told no not until 2 yrs old? anyone know?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Generally speaking,

They travel on their mother's passport.

My daughter got her passport quite young and so did a couple of my boys..

Kinda hard to tell if a four year old is or is not that 5 week old baby or the three month baby....

Nowadays, things are getting tougher. Better add him/her on to the mother's passport and then get him/her their own...

HB :D:D:D

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
audboogie said:
does a dominican baby/infant need a passport to visit the US? we were told no not until 2 yrs old? anyone know?
Do you mean passport or visa? I would think the baby would need it's own visa; or at least be named on the mother's visa.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
It may be easier for a Dominican baby to get their own visa, if the baby tells the Consular Officer conducting the interview that when he/she travels to the US, he/she will leave Mama at home here in the DR, so that baby has a compelling reason to return after her shopping trip, hehehe.

.. sorry folks, it's REALLY late....

Last edited:

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
jejejeje, If the baby is lucky of course and doesn't get a Sorry, It's great bussines for Northamerican. US$100.00 and about 400 pesos for a pin if you have some cuestions, and in amazing 5 minutes to hear "Im sorry" jejejeje

N&D

Jan 29, 2004
audboogie said:

you should try contacting the embassy and asking someone in passports, (ask more than one person) because although it is required now to have a passport for all children no matter what age in the US to travel to DR no one's quite sure if its needed the other way around. this has been in affect as of dec 2005. also the birth certificate is in spanish..you might need it translated or maybe not.. and lets not forget the consent of the other parent if only one parent is traveling.....there has been a lot of things changing as far as traveling with children and you might want to look into all of it. better to prepared than sorry.... ;)

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
ok thanks for the replies....heres the story in full to give a better understanding...im trying to find out if they counsel was/is playing around or not......my husbands sister, who is dominican, went to apply for a visitors visa to US....she had her passport.....she went and they asked question,s, etc....and gave her a one year.....then they apparently said "wait, one more question...do you have any kids?" she said yes 2 daughers one is 5 other 7mo...they asked "who will watch kids when u travel?" she said "my mother" and they said "no, you have to go and get passports for your children...we will leave your case open"

so , im not sure who she went to ask, im assuming people who knew what they were talking about, but she told us they told her the infant doesn't need a passport, and the 5 yr old does. also she doesn't have to make an appointment for the infant but does for the 5 yr old....so does anyone know if she herself has to make another appointment? and then a second for her 5 yr old? also, is it $100 us dollars per appointment??

reason i ask, bc of all the new laws and like someone stated, you would think they would require even an infant to have a passport...then could someone leave their child in the US? they must document some other way. you don't have to pay for airline ticket so that can't be how.....and finally, i did not know they made a new law all US INFants have to have passport...good to know...