DR1 Get Together in Northern Ontario

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Now how about a DR1 get together in August in good ole North Bay, Ontario Canada????

This question was posed in a blog entry the other day.....I'ts been requested that I post a thread so here it is!

We could do it the weekend of the 13th or the 20th, whichever is more convenient for most. Post a comment as to which day would be best for YOU to attend and I'll get started on the planning. We should even post a thread on the DR1 message board so members can "sign up".

I might even be able to arrange a 'chibo' to barbeque 'whole' on a spit.

By then my homemade wine will be ready so it would be a BYOB for anyone who wanted something 'other' than wine (did I mention I have ONE bottle of Brugal direct from Juan Dolio???).

If everyone would like to chip in to pay costs,taxes and duty I could even 'beg' my son in Florida to ship us up some PRESIDENTE......now wouldn't that be GREAT?????

So start posting.........

Nov 5, 2004
MommC said:
Now how about a DR1 get together in August in good ole North Bay, Ontario Canada????

This question was posed in a blog entry the other day.....I'ts been requested that I post a thread so here it is!

We could do it the weekend of the 13th or the 20th, whichever is more convenient for most. Post a comment as to which day would be best for YOU to attend and I'll get started on the planning. We should even post a thread on the DR1 message board so members can "sign up".

I might even be able to arrange a 'chibo' to barbeque 'whole' on a spit.

By then my homemade wine will be ready so it would be a BYOB for anyone who wanted something 'other' than wine (did I mention I have ONE bottle of Brugal direct from Juan Dolio???).

If everyone would like to chip in to pay costs,taxes and duty I could even 'beg' my son in Florida to ship us up some PRESIDENTE......now wouldn't that be GREAT?????

So start posting.........

I would deffinatly make the trip out there...if I was in Canada...however I will be in the DR then..and North Bay from Luperon is a bit further then North Bay from Mississauga! :(

I'm sorry I will be missing it! :(

I hope you all have a good time without me! lol..I'm sure it will be possible ;)

MommC...if you are still intrested in a battery charger for you camera..let me know by PM and I will see what I can get for ya! ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks Peaches....but I just bought one on Ebay....

10 seconds ago!!! ;)
Cheapest price I could find from Henry's in TO ($82.99US plus $7.US shipping) without paying $79.99US and $24.99 US shipping from California plus duties & taxes at the border along with the standard $26+ brokerage fee.......

So....I guess I'm pleased???

Sorry you won't be here for the get-together. I would have been nice to see you again....oh welllllllll.........maybe in the DR!

Last edited:

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
MommC said:
10 seconds ago!!! ;)
Cheapest price I could find from Henry's in TO ($82.99US plus $7.US shipping) without paying $79.99US and $24.99 US shipping from California plus duties & taxes at the border along with the standard $26+ brokerage fee.......

Sorry you won't be here for the get-together. I would have been nice to see you again....oh welllllllll.........maybe in the DR!

Hi MomC! I should still be here in North Bay on the dates you mentioned for a DR meet. Will be glad to meet you after reading your blogs! Canadian Bob.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
A Party.......

MommC,

Either day works for me I just have to find a way up! I have a liscence but no car :classic: Sounds like fun fun!! :classic:
I'll let you know if I find a way up!

Nov 5, 2004
MommC said:
10 seconds ago!!! ;)

:eek: not to make you feel bad..I probably could have gotten you one for closer to the $0.00 mark..well plus the cost of shipping down there...

Or I could have driven it down to you and charged you the cost of a few drinks...LOL ;)

Well...you know who to ask next time you need something for your camera ;)

And I should already know this...but you know how my memory is going with my old age :cross-eye When are you back in the DR again?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Now that would be a treat Badpiece!

And it ain't that bad a drive......just a few more hours than the TO trip.
You could travel up to 81 then take the Kingston trek on to 17 but I personally prefer the freeway ALL the way even if it's a bit more distance. Seems to drive just as quickly! 'Course it's been about 10 yrs since we went the other way through the Thousand Island so it might be quicker now.

Thanks Peaches......you could try for a couple more of the NB-5H rechargeable batteries! That way I'll have extra on hand so I'll never run out of "power".

Not sure when we'll be back in the DR.......maybe Oct. kinda depends on if we make the trip to Argentina this year. That kinda depends on my ticker.....
I have a sneaky suspicion I'm not doing as well as I think I am....gotta arrange for a 'diagnostic' tuneup! Soooo....time will tell.

Nov 5, 2004
MommC said:
And it ain't that bad a drive......just a few more hours than the TO trip.
You could travel up to 81 then take the Kingston trek on to 17 but I personally prefer the freeway ALL the way even if it's a bit more distance. Seems to drive just as quickly! 'Course it's been about 10 yrs since we went the other way through the Thousand Island so it might be quicker now.

Thanks Peaches......you could try for a couple more of the NB-5H rechargeable batteries! That way I'll have extra on hand so I'll never run out of "power".

Not sure when we'll be back in the DR.......maybe Oct. kinda depends on if we make the trip to Argentina this year. That kinda depends on my ticker.....
I have a sneaky suspicion I'm not doing as well as I think I am....gotta arrange for a 'diagnostic' tuneup! Soooo....time will tell.

I can deffinatly get you some of thoes. How soon do you need them by?

Well my b-day is Oct.2...maybe you can make it down for that!!

And I hope all goes well with your check up. My best wishes to you. ;)

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Hlywud said:
We are having a dominican party in St. Catharines on July 23rd, Brugal and Presidente will be present and lots of it
Where in Ontario is St. Catrarines? Am trying to figure driving distance/time from Northeastern PA.

bertgilbert

Feb 1, 2005
spaces.msn.com
Directions

bob saunders said:
Just north of Buffalo NY

Use mapquest.com for direction, just type in your departure point and destination, is that easy, you will even be able to print a map from your start point up to where you are going.

From what I gather, it is not that far from Buffulo

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
About an hour from Buffalo depending on traffic.....

Just follow the signs to Niagara Falls and cross the border. Then follow signs to the QEW east towards Toronto. St.Catherines is the first larger city past Niagara Falls! Fruit country....mmmmm cherries will soon be in season! ;)

BTW Would Y'all QUIT Hijacking my thread??? :eek:

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No Date Yet.......still waiting more feedback...

So far the list stands at this:

MommC & PapaTony
Badpiece
Music (if she can get a lift)
FM & hubby
Beckyred11 (to be confirmed

Now where is the Norther Ontario contingent from Sudbury & Timmins.....
and those 'southerners" that expect us to travel down there all the time???

Lottusflower

Dec 15, 2003
Northern Ontario is close to Sudbury and UP!!!

Hi you all!!!

I would love to come but like the last thread said.... I live in Chapleau ( Small town near Sudbury and Timmins) I am Dominican and I have limited mobility why not make it closer... I don't have a bus train to take me to North Bay but I would check to see if closer to the date I could make it... I am sure it would be very cool to attend your gathering..

Lotti

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hi lotusflower!

Actually North Bay IS a LOT closer to Chapleau than Toronto or southern ontario and there is a train or bus that could get you here.
Ask your hubby to show you a map of Northern Ontario.
We're not much farther than Sudbury depending on which route you take!

Maybe he could join you especially if it's a Saturday night as that would give you travelling time to make it home Sunday to rest up for work on Monday.

We get a few gals from Chapleau in our bridal salon every summer to buy their wedding gowns and bridemaids dresses.

We'd love to have you at the party!

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
MommC said:
Actually North Bay IS a LOT closer to Chapleau than Toronto or southern ontario and there is a train or bus that could get you here.
Ask your hubby to show you a map of Northern Ontario.
We're not much farther than Sudbury depending on which route you take!

Maybe he could join you especially if it's a Saturday night as that would give you travelling time to make it home Sunday to rest up for work on Monday.

We get a few gals from Chapleau in our bridal salon every summer to buy their wedding gowns and bridemaids dresses.

We'd love to have you at the party!
Hi MomC, I won't be at the party as im off to Alaska, June 16th to 28th. Will get back in touch when I return. Canadian Bob.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well Canadian Bob .......that's NO EXCUSE!

Tentative date is for August 13th or August 20th.....
So have fun in Alaska and give me a shout when you get back!!! ;)