How to get Dominican citizenship(LEGAL) for Haitian national

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
Please provide me with information of how to get Dominican citizenship for Haitian citizen.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
But first...

If migrating from Haiti you need to get a tourist Visa to DR then follow Escott to the letter.

Escott said:
1. apply for temp residency.
2. apply for permanent residency 1 year later.
3. apply for citizenship 1-2 years later.

BAM

Good Luck,
NotLurking

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
NotLurking said:
If migrating from Haiti you need to get a tourist Visa to DR then follow Escott to the letter.
Do Haitians have the same problems getting a tourist visa to the DR as Dominicans have getting one to the US/Canada?

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
rellosk said:
Do Haitians have the same problems getting a tourist visa to the DR as Dominicans have getting one to the US/Canada?

I suppose they encounter some difficulties. Perhaps not as tough as applying to the US or Canada but probably not a cake walk either. In any case, the best thing to do is to go through the motions and arrive here (DR) legally. I'm almost certain that if migration laws were not violated obtaining citizenship wont be difficult; certainly time consuming but I guess most rewarding at the end :)

NotLurking

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
NotLurking said:

Good Luck,
NotLurking
I actually assumed that the fellow was in the Dominican Republic. I also think once you APPLY for your residency the need for visas go away. I could be wrong but that worked for me.

Escott

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Escott said:
I actually assumed that the fellow was in the Dominican Republic. I also think once you APPLY for your residency the need for visas go away. I could be wrong but that worked for me.

Escott

Escott, you are correct in that once you get residency, you don't need a visa of any kind to be legally in DR. However before you can put any procedure in motion to acquire residency I assume you'll need to be in DR. I suppose it's possible to apply for an immigrant visa from Haiti but I think it would be more difficult to get approved for an 'immigrant as opposed to non-immigrant visa. I could be wrong :nervous: I'm not a lawyer nor an immigration advisor. :)

NotLurking

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Easy as 1,2,3

Actually obtaining a visa for a haitian national is the easiest process I've ever encountered. To my recollection you can obtain a 3 month tourist visa for $50 or a 1 year tourist visa for about $100 which the latter is the best choice. Then follow Escotts process which is basically a easy process and as long as you have the money you basically can get your residency. But I'm not sure about the citizenship..why would you want to do that in the first place...DR is just a vacation or temporary stay for any haitian with a decent eduction. BTW, we pay high tuition like any other foreign student. Any haitian trying to obtain dominican citizenship is insane...Having dominican citizenship has absolutely NO benefits...you're still stuck on the island and can't get into any other country might as well keep your haitian citizen and renew your residency..

I say get the 1 year tourist visa first to test the waters instead of the temp residency which is also one year but cost more. And once your tourist visa is up you can decide if you want to become a resident or not...in that one year I suggest learning spanish if you don't already know it and make friends...And stay away from tigueres haitians and dominicans....

NotLurking said:
I suppose they encounter some difficulties. Perhaps not as tough as applying to the US or Canada but probably not a cake walk either. In any case, the best thing to do is to go through the motions and arrive here (DR) legally. I'm almost certain that if migration laws were not violated obtaining citizenship wont be difficult; certainly time consuming but I guess most rewarding at the end :)

NotLurking

Last edited:

jsk173

Feb 16, 2005
What is the fastest possible time for obtaining temporary residency? Thanks.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
It all depends..

It all depends on your lawyer and who he knows on the inside but that will cost more..patience is a virtue

jsk173 said:
What is the fastest possible time for obtaining temporary residency? Thanks.

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
Dominican Citizenship

Quisqueya said:
Actually obtaining a visa for a haitian national is the easiest process I've ever encountered. To my recollection you can obtain a 3 month tourist visa for $50 or a 1 year tourist visa for about $100 which the latter is the best choice. Then follow Escotts process which is basically a easy process and as long as you have the money you basically can get your residency. But I'm not sure about the citizenship..why would you want to do that in the first place...DR is just a vacation or temporary stay for any haitian with a decent eduction. BTW, we pay high tuition like any other foreign student. Any haitian trying to obtain dominican citizenship is insane...Having dominican citizenship has absolutely NO benefits...you're still stuck on the island and can't get into any other country might as well keep your haitian citizen and renew your residency..

I say get the 1 year tourist visa first to test the waters instead of the temp residency which is also one year but cost more. And once your tourist visa is up you can decide if you want to become a resident or not...in that one year I suggest learning spanish if you don't already know it and make friends...And stay away from tigueres haitians and dominicans....

Quisqueya,
The reason that SHE "WOULD" WANT citizenship is BECAUSE things are quite FOULED(use the other word in place of this one) up in Haiti, and as most know USUALLY immigrants leave there own country for a chance at a better life.Since she is educated, and speaks THREE languages fluently and since Spanish is the most phonetic language that I've encountered and I speak four,she should be able to speak Spanish competent enough within three or fours months if not sooner.So that I DON'T have to worry about SHE and MY SON being kidnapped,raped,molested,and ALL the TERRIBLE things that is now going on ,even within the FULL VIEW of the UNITED NATIONS FORCES in AYITI(Taino language for mountainous land),I want to ensure that they are safe.Since Las Terrenas in Samana Province has a high French population, I think that it would be great for them there. Haitians DO NOT lose their citizenship, after obtaining that of the D.R. ONCE and "IF" Haiti returns to peace, then she will by all means return back to Port-au-Prince.
"IF", the United States were as friendly to Haitians trying to obtain resindent status in the U.S. to escape political persecution as Cubans, she and my son would already be here.Just for additional info, I've been trying as well as my local representative to get them here in the States.If that fails , at least, I know that they are in a GOOD, beautiful country.
By the way,"I DO" appreciate you, and everyone elses input.

Thanks.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
SugarBear,

I apologize if a came across as rude but one has to have tough skin to be on this furom(Proud haitian that's on her P's and Q's). Now, I do understand your concern for your m?nage en Ayiti and wanting them to get out ASAP because the sh8 has hit the fan. But I'm TELLING you that going as far as getting dominican citizenship is a dead end move. Just get her and the child the tourist visa and they would be legal in the DR and would not have any problems at ALL. You would be spending money unwisely. Believe me, living in the DR is different from visiting for a couple of weeks.

I would suggest she move to Sto Dgo.(Naco, Bella Vista, Gazcue, Universitaria) their is a large middle class haitian community living there. U can see us blasting our Kompa music in our tete boeuf. Plus, their are several schools where she can take some spanish courses. In three months she would be able to communicate and understand fairly well. Or have her move to Santiago another middle class haitian community (most are students at PUCMM). I'm not too familiar with Stgo so I can't tell you where to stay but I can ask some friends I have in Stgo. BTW, Las Terrenas is a tourist area and I doubt their are any haitians there besides the moun morne.

If you are that desperate of her getting a citizenship its going to take a while but again dominican citizen is another dead end at the end of the tunnel..she'll still be stuck on the same island. Try Quebec, Canada they usually give haitian nationals visas fairly quick because we are francophones and have a profession. FYI, Venezuela was giving citizenship to every last immigrant about two years ago and alot of haitians live their too..on the plus side they love us..They appreciate and acknowledge our contribution for their liberty. Or try Panama City, Panama they too have a large haitian community and its easy to get a visa from their embassy en Petionville($130US)...She can find a decent apartment and bump into many haitians on Ave. Bilboa there is a haitian church their helping new comers adjust... I hope this helps but again dominican citizen can't get you anywhere but haiti thus she'll be going in cirlces.. FYI, USA, Bush and buck tooth Condleeza n gang will be sending marines troops to haiti soon so I would get the F outta there quickly because those americans are going to light up haiti like the 4th of July...and most of the time innocent people are caught in the cross fire..So hurry up..the Damn DR consulate is in P.V. where is she BTW?.....

NOTES:
tete boeuf= yipeta or SUV

FYI: The poster on occasion will use haitian kr?yol words to express a more vibrant picture to the audiences in order to express clearly the message one is trying to convey. I suggest purchasing a kr?yol dictionary...

SugarBear said:
Quisqueya,
The reason that SHE "WOULD" WANT citizenship is BECAUSE things are quite FOULED(use the other word in place of this one) up in Haiti, and as most know USUALLY immigrants leave there own country for a chance at a better life.Since she is educated, and speaks THREE languages fluently and since Spanish is the most phonetic language that I've encountered and I speak four,she should be able to speak Spanish competent enough within three or fours months if not sooner.So that I DON'T have to worry about SHE and MY SON being kidnapped,raped,molested,and ALL the TERRIBLE things that is now going on ,even within the FULL VIEW of the UNITED NATIONS FORCES in AYITI(Taino language for mountainous land),I want to ensure that they are safe.Since Las Terrenas in Samana Province has a high French population, I think that it would be great for them there. Haitians DO NOT lose their citizenship, after obtaining that of the D.R. ONCE and "IF" Haiti returns to peace, then she will by all means return back to Port-au-Prince.
"IF", the United States were as friendly to Haitians trying to obtain resindent status in the U.S. to escape political persecution as Cubans, she and my son would already be here.Just for additional info, I've been trying as well as my local representative to get them here in the States.If that fails , at least, I know that they are in a GOOD, beautiful country.
By the way,"I DO" appreciate you, and everyone elses input.

Thanks.

Last edited:

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
No light at the end of the TUNNEL

Quisqueya said:
SugarBear,

I apologize if a came across as rude but one has to have tough skin to be on this furom(Proud haitian that's on her P's and Q's). Now, I do understand your concern for your m?nage en Ayiti and wanting them to get out ASAP because the sh8 has hit the fan. But I'm TELLING you that going as far as getting dominican citizenship is a dead end move. Just get her and the child the tourist visa and they would be legal in the DR and would not have any problems at ALL. You would be spending money unwisely. Believe me, living in the DR is different from visiting for a couple of weeks.

I would suggest she move to Sto Dgo.(Naco, Bella Vista, Gazcue, Universitaria) their is a large middle class haitian community living there. U can see us blasting our Kompa music in our tete boeuf. Plus, their are several schools where she can take some spanish courses. In three months she would be able to communicate and understand fairly well. Or have her move to Santiago another middle class haitian community (most are students at PUCMM). I'm not too familiar with Stgo so I can't tell you where to stay but I can ask some friends I have in Stgo. BTW, Las Terrenas is a tourist area and I doubt their are any haitians there besides the moun morne.

If you are that desperate of her getting a citizenship its going to take a while but again dominican citizen is another dead end at the end of the tunnel..she'll still be stuck on the same island. Try Quebec, Canada they usually give haitian nationals visas fairly quick because we are francophones and have a profession. FYI, Venezuela was giving citizenship to every last immigrant about two years ago and alot of haitians live their too..on the plus side they love us..They appreciate and acknowledge our contribution for their liberty. Or try Panama City, Panama they too have a large haitian community and its easy to get a visa from their embassy en Petionville($130US)...She can find a decent apartment and bump into many haitians on Ave. Bilboa there is a haitian church their helping new comers adjust... I hope this helps but again dominican citizen can't get you anywhere but haiti thus she'll be going in cirlces.. FYI, USA, Bush and buck tooth Condleeza n gang will be sending marines troops to haiti soon so I would get the F outta there quickly because those americans are going to light up haiti like the 4th of July...and most of the time innocent people are caught in the cross fire..So hurry up..the Damn DR consulate is in P.V. where is she BTW?.....

NOTES:
tete boeuf= yipeta or SUV

FYI: The poster on occasion will use haitian kr?yol words to express a more vibrant picture to the audiences in order to express clearly the message one is trying to convey. I suggest purchasing a kr?yol dictionary...

Merci Beaucoup...I appreciate the time and the explanation.No...I'm not a sissy(weak),nor do I excrete vaginal fluid(meaning I'm a Man's man without having to put women down).I haven't beat the statistics in AmeriKKKa[statistically wise,they suggest that African-American males will meet a violent end between ages 16-25 4x more than Caucasion males and 2x more than Latino males].I'm 40 years old,and a survivor of the 1st Gulf War,let alone the ghettos of San Francisco,Oakland, and Richmond.I'm not touting my own horn just some info to let ya' know.Since you are Haitian? I will let you know that I'm a High Priest trained with the knowledge of "GINEN". I believe that most Haitians born in Haiti will know what I'm talking about :cool:

I'll notify you privately.Thanks again for the info.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Remains to be seen

SugarBear said:
Merci Beaucoup...I appreciate the time and the explanation.No...I'm not a sissy(weak),nor do I excrete vaginal fluid(meaning I'm a Man's man without having to put women down).I haven't beat the statistics in AmeriKKKa[statistically wise,they suggest that African-American males will meet a violent end between ages 16-25 4x more than Caucasion males and 2x more than Latino males].I'm 40 years old,and a survivor of the 1st Gulf War,let alone the ghettos of San Francisco,Oakland, and Richmond.I'm not touting my own horn just some info to let ya' know.Since you are Haitian? I will let you know that I'm a High Priest trained with the knowledge of "GINEN". I believe that most Haitians born in Haiti will know what I'm talking about :cool:

I'll notify you privately.Thanks again for the info.

AmeriKKKa?? have yet to figure out why AA's, have a habit of this or should they be spelling Afrikkka. the same the KKK reference is old hat, It's funny that they all seem to hate the USA , but will not think of moving!!! Move out of the Ghettos and try some place else say Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Montana. there are lots of other places rather than the Harlems. and projects. Or just try another country. :tired: :tired: :tired:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
.Since you are Haitian? I will let you know that I'm a High Priest trained with the knowledge of "GINEN". I believe that most Haitians born in Haiti will know what I'm talking about :cool:

I'll notify you privately.Thanks again for the info.[/QUOTE]

Yes I am 100% Haitian but I have no clue about "Ginen" maybe you can inform me.. I am a catholic and do not know anything about vaudou....BTW, I was born and raised there

Big misconception of people regarding haitians knowing about these things...I am not picking on you but just wanted to put this out.. So since I'm haitian I must know about "Ginen".......I wish i did though..LOL Maybe you can teach me...

PM me...and please don't make broad generalizations...mesi anpil...

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
I Stand Corrected.............

I was told by the Haitians that I know here in the U.S. that many of the originalHaitian heroes(Capois La MORT,Cecile Fatiman, Henri Cristophe etc... spoke of "GINEN" as the original place from which the Africans came.Sorry for the generalization,and let it stand witness to ALL on the forum.Now that I have information that is contrary to what I've received.I'm enlightened..............AND FOR THE RECORD TO ALL...I KNOW nothing of VOUDON be it of the source-Republic of Benin,Ayiti or New Orleans.

TAKE CARE

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
bienamor said:
AmeriKKKa?? have yet to figure out why AA's, have a habit of this or should they be spelling Afrikkka. the same the KKK reference is old hat, It's funny that they all seem to hate the USA , but will not think of moving!!! Move out of the Ghettos and try some place else say Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Montana. there are lots of other places rather than the Harlems. and projects. Or just try another country. :tired: :tired: :tired:
GOODLOVE(bienamor)..You could never have FIGURED ANYTHING OUT if "YOU CAN"T"be in someone else's shoes.So you will know,in Nigeria(in the western part of continental Afri"K"a), they do spell Africa with a "K". I'm curious kind Sir or Madame,how you of this forum have talked to 11% of the United States population since,"...have yet to figure out why AA's,have a habit of this...it's funny that they all seem to hate the USA,but will not think of moving!!!". bienamor,it is just African-Americans that are coming in droves to the Dominican Republic? How many African-Americans can you count on your finger of ANY Dominican city versus those who are____-Americans? My point is that there are many Ethnic Americans that are chosing toleave the good ol' United States or Ameri"c"a(I left out the 3 K's because I didn't want to upset any who admire the red in the Confederate flag. The KKK being an old hat...no my fine human being..it is NOT! They are still African-Americans dying by the KLAN.On the news yesterday,one Imperial Wizard(Top of the Klan hierarchy)was convicted of lynching back in the 50's!!!Just to enhance your super genius the word GHETTO is not of African,not African-American origin. Ghettos were where one of the most persecuted groups of human beings,THE JEWS ,had to live in the late 1800's to early 1900'sbecause of prejudiced "Americans" of European ancestry. I don't live in a GHETTO nor does the majority of AA's as you call us. So you will know, there existed a man by the name of Marcus Mosiah Garvey who DID move out the ghettos of Jamaica, united 3 million Americans of African descent of ALL the countries of the AMERICAS to move out of their country of birth,but was FALSELY arrested of trumped-up charges of U.S. tax evasion.At that time ,the good ol' U.S. was fearful of a mass exodus of African-Americans,and where would that economic boost to another country go was the fear.
Last,
I'm sure that there DO exist SOME African-Americans that would love to go New Mexico,Utah,or Montana(Colorado left out for African-Americans do have a noticeable population),as long as they can quote you with you God-given name that the residents don't like to use human beings as targets for game-hunting.By the way,since you love the good ol' USA ,and so" PA-TRI-O-TIC",why are YOU on DR1? :laugh:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Oh my where do I start

SugarBear said:
GOODLOVE(bienamor)..You could never have FIGURED ANYTHING OUT if "YOU CAN"T"be in someone else's shoes.So you will know,in Nigeria(in the western part of continental Afri"K"a), they do spell Africa with a "K". I'm curious kind Sir or Madame,how you of this forum have talked to 11% of the United States population since,"...have yet to figure out why AA's,have a habit of this...it's funny that they all seem to hate the USA,but will not think of moving!!!". bienamor,it is just African-Americans that are coming in droves to the Dominican Republic? How many African-Americans can you count on your finger of ANY Dominican city versus those who are____-Americans? My point is that there are many Ethnic Americans that are chosing toleave the good ol' United States or Ameri"c"a(I left out the 3 K's because I didn't want to upset any who admire the red in the Confederate flag. The KKK being an old hat...no my fine human being..it is NOT! They are still African-Americans dying by the KLAN.On the news yesterday,one Imperial Wizard(Top of the Klan hierarchy)was convicted of lynching back in the 50's!!!Just to enhance your super genius the word GHETTO is not of African,not African-American origin. Ghettos were where one of the most persecuted groups of human beings,THE JEWS ,had to live in the late 1800's to early 1900'sbecause of prejudiced "Americans" of European ancestry. I don't live in a GHETTO nor does the majority of AA's as you call us. So you will know, there existed a man by the name of Marcus Mosiah Garvey who DID move out the ghettos of Jamaica, united 3 million Americans of African descent of ALL the countries of the AMERICAS to move out of their country of birth,but was FALSELY arrested of trumped-up charges of U.S. tax evasion.At that time ,the good ol' U.S. was fearful of a mass exodus of African-Americans,and where would that economic boost to another country go was the fear.
Last,
I'm sure that there DO exist SOME African-Americans that would love to go New Mexico,Utah,or Montana(Colorado left out for African-Americans do have a noticeable population),as long as they can quote you with you God-given name that the residents don't like to use human beings as targets for game-hunting.By the way,since you love the good ol' USA ,and so" PA-TRI-O-TIC",why are YOU on DR1? :laugh:

(Colorado left out for African-Americans do have a noticeable population),
Where? Besides Denver, an maybe Colorado Springs, Sure not anywhere else. Try Edes, Holly, Golden etc.

it is just African-Americans that are coming in droves to the Dominican Republic? How many African-Americans can you count on your finger of ANY Dominican city versus those who are____-Americans?

Are we talking tourtist, or living? go to El conde Most are from New York and are there for a week, or in Boca Chica. They are there for the same reason as the other tourtist, An I will guarantee you that most of them know every place in Gazcue that was closed a month ago. As I said Won't move just to visit.

They are still African-Americans dying by the KLAN.On the news yesterday,one Imperial Wizard(Top of the Klan hierarchy)was convicted of lynching [back in the 50's!!

I don't live in a GHETTO nor does the majority of AA's as you call us.
My bad I will use project next time and AA Not my term

the good ol' U.S. was fearful of a mass exodus of African-Americans,and where would that economic boost to another country go was the fear.
Right.
Well now Niki would be shaking.

Oh yes have heard of Marcus Garvey

http://www.nhc.rtp.nc.us:8080/tserve/twenty/tkeyinfo/garvey.htm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/garvey_marcus.shtml
Mail Fraude not Tax Evasion served 2yrs, deported to Jamacia
http://www.isop.ucla.edu/africa/mgpp/ like the uniform?

Last edited: