How to post a link

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
When posting a web link instead of doing this

http://69.59.165.79/(pnb3gbu0i0fxgy45birnoyjt)/app/article.aspx?id=32274

which basicly is just copy past the whole address of the website, click on that blue looking globe ball and a small window will appear. This is where you put the words such as El Nacional then the next wondow appears and you paste the link addy.

It should now look like this

[URL........=http:.....//69.59.165.79/(pnb3gbu0i0fxgy45birnoyjt)/app/article.......aspx?id=32274]El Nacional.....[/URL] I had to put in all those dots so you can see it.

But when you hit submit new thread or post reply it will appear like this

El Nacional

Hope that's clear. I tent to make things clear as mud. ;)

Anna Coniglio said:
click on that blue looking globe ball and a small window will appear.

Where is your blue globe ball?

Anna...I know how to post a link but the description was as clear as mud to me! A lot dpends on what browser a person is using. I have NO blue Globe.

By the way your post opens in every browser ecxept IE. While all other posts open in IE.

Nov 5, 2004
Hlywud said:
Where is your blue globe ball?

Anna...I know how to post a link but the description was as clear as mud to me! A lot dpends on what browser a person is using. I have NO blue Globe.

By the way your post opens in every browser ecxept IE. While all other posts open in IE.

When you are writting a reply there is a little blue globe beside the picture with a yellow background and mountains! :D It is the icon for inserting a hyperlink.

I understood it. ;)

But when I copy and paste a link it just appears as a hyperlink anyways, so I don't have to use it.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
When you are writting a reply there is a little blue globe beside the picture with a yellow background and mountains! :D It is the icon for inserting a hyperlink.
I don't have "a little blue globe". What browser are you using?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
PeachezNcream84 said:
Not sure...Whatever the latest Internet Explorer version is...

Over the white square that you write your message in, you have options ( rich html mode ), for bold text, fonts, pictures etc.

And you have this
carina_createlink.gif
to insert a link if you click on it.

Internet Explorer

The most vulnernable browser to hacks that is on the internet, a microsoft product that still has bugs that have never been worked out.

there is a globe that spins in Internet Explorer, top right hand corner.

I understand how to insert a hyperlink, image or whatever a person wants to do, but the initial description was, sorry Anna clear as mud.

Maybe I am too too much a techie.

By the way Mozilla Firefox is the safest and fastest and smallest resource user browser available.

Nov 5, 2004
Hlywud said:
The most vulnernable browser to hacks that is on the internet, a microsoft product that still has bugs that have never been worked out.

there is a globe that spins in Internet Explorer, top right hand corner.

I understand how to insert a hyperlink, image or whatever a person wants to do, but the initial description was, sorry Anna clear as mud.

Maybe I am too too much a techie.

By the way Mozilla Firefox is the safest and fastest and smallest resource user browser available.

I thought it was Netscape navigator that had a spinning globe in the top corner?

Ours does not have that....

Maybe using this borwser..despite many anti-spyware programs is why our computer crashed..and the files were unable to be recovered!!! :(

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I HAVE to use MS products......

:nervous: my son works for them (at what I consider an outrageous salary) and was golfing today at the Ritz Carlton with Steve Balmer himself......
I much preferred my Netscape and I'd love to try Foxfire.....
Aahh well.....mabe in another life!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Wud I have no idea wht your saying. The blue globe is above the reply box while you are in the reply mode

http://www.dr1.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=300382

This has nada to do with browsers it's a DR1 thingy. After you click you put in the script, ok, then paste the link addy in another prompt. click ok.
Now I see it. My options were not set correctly. When I change the option under "Message Editor Interface" to "Standard Editor", I get a whole lot of extra options (including some formatting options) and the e-motions!. :) :classic: :p :D :cool:

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Thank you Anna for bringing it up! And to insert a picture in a tread you hit the little picture box and what text do you put in there??? Thanks :cross-eye

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
juanita said:
Thank you Anna for bringing it up! And to insert a picture in a tread you hit the little picture box and what text do you put in there??? Thanks :cross-eye

Juanita, to post a pic, you must have the pic uploaded on a server, and when you have pressed the little picture box, you put the URL to the pic there and the picture will show up on your posting.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
No, AZB is up at the Waterfront Restaurant (in background) with a college girl from Santiago watching Escott beat up the waiter for the US$ exchange rate on the menu.

Last edited: