flight from Puerto Plata (DR) to Portland (USA)

Chantal-Hooked

Mar 7, 2005
Hi,

Does anybody know where I can book a cheap flight from Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic to Portland in the USA? It is no problem if it is not a direct flight and also not if I have to go to Santiago first.

Thanks
Chantal

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Is that Portland, OR or Portland, ME? And when do you plan on going?

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
On AA Portland Oregon is PDX - DFW - MIA -POP 11 hours. Leaves 11:50 p.m. overnight to Dallas and arrives in POP at 3 p.m. Return are all through San Juan then Chicago or Dallas - earliest is 8:20 a.m. out, 8:01 p.m. in Portland.

On CO there is one flight - to Newark overnight leaves 9:40 p.m. arriving at 5:52 a.m. and leaving at 9 a.m. arriving POP at 1 p.m. However according to my database there is no CO retrun at all so you'd do AA both ways.

This is why travel agents and Expedia.com (or Travelocity) exist. Try them first.

Chantal-Hooked

Mar 7, 2005
ricktoronto said:
On AA Portland Oregon is PDX - DFW - MIA -POP 11 hours. Leaves 11:50 p.m. overnight to Dallas and arrives in POP at 3 p.m. Return are all through San Juan then Chicago or Dallas - earliest is 8:20 a.m. out, 8:01 p.m. in Portland.

On CO there is one flight - to Newark overnight leaves 9:40 p.m. arriving at 5:52 a.m. and leaving at 9 a.m. arriving POP at 1 p.m. However according to my database there is no CO retrun at all so you'd do AA both ways.

This is why travel agents and Expedia.com (or Travelocity) exist. Try them first.

Thanks,
it is Portland Oregon. But the flights I can find through Expedia.com and Travelocity are too expensive. Any other options?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ricktoronto said:
The CO POP-EWR flight operates only 3 days a week in the off-season. Also, it arrives too late in Newark to connect with the last flight to Portland.

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Chantal-Hooked said:
Thanks,
it is Portland Oregon. But the flights I can find through Expedia.com and Travelocity are too expensive. Any other options?

1. Move to a different city
2. Drive to Miami , then fly from there
3. Find a charter flight, perhaps ask a travel agent.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
rellosk said:
The CO POP-EWR flight operates only 3 days a week in the off-season. Also, it arrives too late in Newark to connect with the last flight to Portland.

And now we know why.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
You might want to look at flying to Vancouver and going with one of the charter companies (TransAt or Skyservice), they used to have a direct flight which stopped in Calgary on the return leg but this might only be available in the winter.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Vancouver is an option but hte charters do not run in the shoulder or summer season. AIr transat generally runs Mid to late october thru to sometime in April....

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I doubt if you find anything less than $700 off-season, higher during season. Continental has flights, but they don't fly everyday of the week and you will need to stay overnight in Newark. However, they codeshare with NorthWest and you may be able to get a return flight through MSP or DTW.

You can try JetBlue to Santiago (PDX-JFK-STI) and then catch a taxi (US$60) or bus (RD$210) to POP.

A last option may be Priceline or a ticket broker (if they still have them).

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
rellosk said:
I doubt if you find anything less than $700 off-season, higher during season. Continental has flights, but they don't fly everyday of the week and you will need to stay overnight in Newark. However, they codeshare with NorthWest and you may be able to get a return flight through MSP or DTW.

You can try JetBlue to Santiago (PDX-JFK-STI) and then catch a taxi (US$60) or bus (RD$210) to POP.

A last option may be Priceline or a ticket broker (if they still have them).

Eddie - trust me the program I am using shows every possibility and same day return with NW/CO like you say is not there only is AA.