Bringing my husband to Cda

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Hello all, I am getting married in Feb 2006, and was wondering how and what I need to do (procedure-wise) to get my husband to Cda. I know with the US there is a fiancee visa, that can get him/her to the US to get married there. But we are getting married in the DR, and I am in Cda, and he will be coming here. BUt I'm not sure if I need to file anything BEFORE we get married, or do I have to wait until after we get married. I'm not sure about anything with reagrds to him coming here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
baileyboy said:
Hello all, I am getting married in Feb 2006, and was wondering how and what I need to do (procedure-wise) to get my husband to Cda. I know with the US there is a fiancee visa, that can get him/her to the US to get married there. But we are getting married in the DR, and I am in Cda, and he will be coming here. BUt I'm not sure if I need to file anything BEFORE we get married, or do I have to wait until after we get married. I'm not sure about anything with reagrds to him coming here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We dropped the fiance visa thing recently and have the spouse, common-law spouse and conjugal relationship classes for sponsorship. If you are not living together it seems you get married than sponsor the spouse.

The Immigration Canada site is quite easy to read if you started there first. If you choose to get representation I would not recommend a "consultant" though they are organizing themselves around a self-governing model, but an actual lawyer who only does immigration work for the ins and outs and the forms, though it is possible with patience and diligence to do it all yourself.

courtness

May 25, 2005
Hola, i have recently got married in the DR and it was very difficult kinda, what i did was got my mom to bring the paper that says that you are single and have never been married before, and then i had to get that translated into spanish, this is very imortant to get it translated, as well as your birth certificate translated, and i think my passport too but i am not sure about that. now you can get these things translated there!!! it is so much cheaper, ask your fiancee about where, i was in POP and there are a few i went to a guy named Felix Antonio Mercado, his number is 1-809-261-0291. he speaks english, french and german. after we got married i got our marriage certificate translated there and then had to get a police report for him as well as a medical, these have to be done in the capital, the medical costs like 200 dollars or more. i had a lawyer for this but you need to know his whole life story, every school he went to the name, the grade, every place he has lived, the months there and the address, his family information, his work history, where, what when....., it is a lot of work but i think worth it. you should have pictures of proof of how long you have been together. details of your wedding, pictures, your financial history and present condition as well as where you both are going to live when he comes here. when i returned to canada i got my lawyer to check over everything and tell me what to do but many people have told me to do it by my self, but i couldnt deal with that. i would rather pay someone. it has been over 2 months and i am still watiting for a reply from the canadian government to tell me that i have been approved as a sponser and that the papers have been sent to haiti to the canadain consulate. i think it will be about 4 more months untill he will be able to join me here. it is soo hard but i will get through it and will be the happiest ever when he comes home to me.just hang in there and dont listen to the ones that think your crazy. i am crazy, with love and i bet the ones that call me crazy willn ever have what i do! hope i have helped a bit if not email me. courtness15@hotmail.com
good luck

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I don't know Escott

But between this one and Sally Anne I think I know why those "Advice for the Lovelorn" columns and the Barbara Cartland novels make so much money.

I really think we spent our lives getting educated, working hard, raising a family,really dumb! We should have been out there getting laid by different women every week or ten days and then finding a good one to take us "home" so she could have us all to herself...Damn! these sankies as way ahead of the game...

I chuckled when I read about having to report the schooling.!! Yeah like he is a college graduate that had been working for a bank for three or five years?? LOL

Sankie Educational Series (One of the shortest books ever written!)

HB :(:(:(:(

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey Escott & HB ......look on the bright side.....

with the Dominican population growing by leaps and bounds we should soon be able to get PRESIDENTE here in Canada!!
Yeah....hooray!! :nervous:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Hola, i have recently got married in the DR and it was very difficult kinda, what i did was got my mom to bring the paper that says that you are single and have never been married before, and then i had to get that translated into spanish, this is very imortant to get it translated, as well as your birth certificate translated, and i think my passport too but i am not sure about that. now you can get these things translated there!!! it is so much cheaper, ask your fiancee about where, i was in POP and there are a few i went to a guy named Felix Antonio Mercado, his number is 1-809-261-0291. he speaks english, french and german. after we got married i got our marriage certificate translated there and then had to get a police report for him as well as a medical, these have to be done in the capital, the medical costs like 200 dollars or more. i had a lawyer for this but you need to know his whole life story, every school he went to the name, the grade, every place he has lived, the months there and the address, his family information, his work history, where, what when....., it is a lot of work but i think worth it. you should have pictures of proof of how long you have been together. details of your wedding, pictures, your financial history and present condition as well as where you both are going to live when he comes here. when i returned to canada i got my lawyer to check over everything and tell me what to do but many people have told me to do it by my self, but i couldnt deal with that. i would rather pay someone. it has been over 2 months and i am still watiting for a reply from the canadian government to tell me that i have been approved as a sponser and that the papers have been sent to haiti to the canadain consulate. i think it will be about 4 more months untill he will be able to join me here. it is soo hard but i will get through it and will be the happiest ever when he comes home to me.just hang in there and dont listen to the ones that think your crazy. i am crazy, with love and i bet the ones that call me crazy willn ever have what i do! hope i have helped a bit if not email me. courtness15@hotmail.com
good luck

Courtney, you should write a book.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Damn Jumbo, Imma start calling your a$$ Inspector Gadget. Good Catch!

SHALENA

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Very impressive Jumbo, you should be working "Cold Cases Files"

I was thinking about another Canadian girl - some sort of Toyota name, maybe Corolla something???

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
06-08-2012
03:55 PM - courtness clicked Likes for this post: Bringing my husband to Cda by La Rubia

Interesting !

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow that is amazing. Using the search engine who would have thunk it.

I still want to find out what happened after the wedding since we don't often hear back from all those that pass by here. ;)