fun and concerns in Puerto Playa

actor45

Jan 21, 2005
I am going to the dorado naco resort in two weeks. Are there any health concerns to be worried about. I have been told not to drink the water or to have drinks with ice or eat salads. is this true. also i have heard that there is a bad flu or virus going on there and that several hotels have closed. lastly, what can you tell me about nude beaches or topless beaches. pretty ladies or not much to see.
by the way, where can i get a good massage for my wife and me?
thanks for any help.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
You have asked a lot of questions here! First I will tell you there is a lot of info already in these forums!

Answers for you : do not drink the tap water. Drink bottled water.

You can eat the ice almost everywhere here. Locals do not drink tap water either and the ice everywhere you will most likely be will be safe!

Salads - most likely are safe. At the hotel,definately, at Playa Dorada Plaza, definately. IF you were to go up into the mountains to some little place you might want to be a little careful! Don't worry.

There has been an outbreak at a couple of hotels but not where you are going! That outbreak was some time ago and is being dealt with.

there are no nude beaches where you are going. Topless though is fairly common. As for pretty girls - they are everywhere....

Massage - several options depending what you want and are willing to pay for. Casa Colonial has a stunning spa and is inPlaya Dorada. Their staff are all licensed trained professionals. At playa Dorada plaza is the Sunflower spa. It is fine but they are not licensed staff. The cost is more moderate.

Hope that all helps!