Playa Rincon...What's the Fuss?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
I haven't been to Playa Rincon yet. But from looking at pictures, it doesn't seem as impressive as the Bahia de las Aguilas or even the Eastern beaches like Juanillo and Bayahibe. So what's all the fuss about?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Well I have never been to either Bahia de las Aguilas, Juanillo or Bayahibe...but I can tell you that the pics I've seen from Playa Rincon do not do justice to this beautiful beach. It's probably the best looking / best setup beach I've been to. The only thing is that there's not much out there in terms of food, drinks, etc...which is another reason why I loved it.

The sand over there is absolutely awsome. It has an area which is perfect for bathing because is like a smaller natural lagoon and great for taking a long walk. It's just must not be very photogenic.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you want some of the best fresh fish and lobster you will ever eat, next time you are at Playa Rincon go left when you reach the beach. Go to the end of the beach where you will see about 3 blue tents. Go to the last one and eat. There is a fat lady cooking that really knows how to prepare fish. You will pay 200 pesos for the fish and fried bananas, Dominican. Also the lobster is excellent.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
SKY said:
If you want some of the best fresh fish and lobster you will ever eat, next time you are at Playa Rincon go left when you reach the beach. Go to the end of the beach where you will see about 3 blue tents. Go to the last one and eat. There is a fat lady cooking that really knows how to prepare fish. You will pay 200 pesos for the fish and fried bananas, Dominican. Also the lobster is excellent.

I know the place exactly. I was there last semana santa.

Playa Rincon is beautiful!!!

Send me a PM if anyone wants pictures. I have a few that do it justice.