looking for my father

Carmentanner

Jun 8, 2005
I know Im reaching and I hope I dont upset anyone with my post. I really want to find my father. So Im posting everywhere and searching even more places..
My question is.. is there anywhere in Santo Domingo or in DR anywhere that assists with looking for folks. (I dont mean hiring a lawyer.. Im a soldier and my pay is small) Like in the US. there is vital statistics.. or there are like thousands of name databases.. something like that.. Or even if someone knows him..

Thanks
Carmen

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
corporon, corporan,...

Carmen, you don't seem to have enough information to go by. Maybe if you check again with your adoption agency. Databases with vital statistic aren't usually posted in the internet. I know you're far away from NY, but this has to be done personally, there're papers to sign, etc.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Again!!!

Carmentanner said:
Victor Corporon or spelled Corporan
thanks
As I told you on your other thread, log into SuperPagesDR.com and check for the Corporon last name. It's a start.

If are too "busy" to check, wait till I get home and I will check for you.

There's only so much that we can do, you need to start somewhere yourself!.

Carmentanner

Jun 8, 2005
miguel said:
As I told you on your other thread, log into SuperPagesDR.com and check for the Corporon last name. It's a start.

If are too "busy" to check, wait till I get home and I will check for you.

There's only so much that we can do, you need to start somewhere yourself!.

First.. I thank you all.. I do have more info on him.. but as a researcher you dont put it all out there for fear of those folks who play on the vulnerable. I think when he lived in New York, he was legal therefore there are not too many records. I do know where he worked and the place has since been remodeled and under new management several times over.
I have checked on SmartPages.. but noone has responded as of yet. I know he was born in the DR but my spanish is not that good for me to call around and see what agencies are there that can help.
I also have helped several people find their lost loved ones.. and sometimes its as simple as mentioning someones name.
I have been trying to find my father for almost 20 years... I have called a million people as well as made posts and sent letters out via snail mail.. When I was living in New York it was easier but as I am in Texas now and although we have the internet.. its not as easy.. but even when I was there I keep running into brick walls.. Anyway, I was just putting it out there in hopes of someone maybe knowing him or pointing me in the direction of someone or some angecy there being able to help..
Again.. Thank you all for your quick responses...