Wedding Help needed

angelmouse

Jun 13, 2005
Hi there,

I am coming to the DR next September (2006) to get married. We are staying at the Iberostar Costa Dorada.

I just wanted some re-assurance that the weather should be okay (although i know that this can be a bad time of the year) can we expect some sun, please say yes!! And has anyone else visited this hotel and was it nice.

We are both coming from Scotland so we are in need of some sun, can we expect any at that time of the year.

Thank you for your replies.

AM xx

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Well, the weather has its own ways, no one can predict.
But for the rest, you will for sure have a blast.
Enjoy!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hey wait just one minute...

Badpiece that is my job here!!! I speak to the woman in charge and she makes sure the tourists get nice weather. In exchange I get copious amounts of chocolate and other bribes.

Do not even think of taking this job away. I will cry and throw a temper tantrum...

Seriously, the odds are very good you will get some nice weather. The odds are also very good you will get some rain that time of year. The odds are quite low of serious weather issues!

You will have a wonderful time and a wedding to remember!

Nov 5, 2004
angelmouse said:
Hi there,

I am coming to the DR next September (2006) to get married. We are staying at the Iberostar Costa Dorada.

I just wanted some re-assurance that the weather should be okay (although i know that this can be a bad time of the year) can we expect some sun, please say yes!! And has anyone else visited this hotel and was it nice.

We are both coming from Scotland so we are in need of some sun, can we expect any at that time of the year.

AM xx

I will write you a reply either here, or a PM when I finish work tonight.
I got married in POP as well, in Feb/05.

In short, it was beautiful and went perfectly. ;)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
May and September are historically the months in which it rains the most. But the odds are in your favor regarding you getting sunny days.

The best source on weather as your arrival gets closer is right here on dr1. See http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=301394#post301394
where Planner faithfully tells the weather as it is. You can monitor the weather in September 2005 and see how it really is in September. Of course, given that this is the tropics, no two Septembers will be the same, but at least you will have an idea.

For an overview on weather, see http://dr1.com/travel/expect/weather.shtml

naksu

Aug 28, 2002
I stayed in Iberostar Costa Dorada for my minihoneymoon this March. It was a gift - a free weekend that my work had been able to arange, so we didn't expect anything special. However, the weekend was wonderful! the food, staff, rooms...everything is very nice and unlike many hotels in Playa Dorada, they actually include all the drinks (also champagne) to the all inc.price.

The service in the restaurants and bars was great and after have stayed in couple of hotels in Playa Dorada, I would say the food variety and quality was the best.

We live here in POP, so we didn't care about the beach that much but it seems pretty nice. The pool area is large and the whole resort is very beautiful. I myself spent the whole time in the hot tub (relaxation after the wedding stress!) ;)

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

By the way, we saw a wedding in there as well, looked very well arranged and beautiful!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
September of 2006

My chrystal ball says that you will have a wonderful wedding.

However, always check in here to see what is up.

We are avid followers of all of the weather channels on the internet and we vie to see who can announce the comming of the next tropical wave or named storm. Some of us are truly freakish about this... Sooooo, if something is coming up you will know it here first, that's for sure.

Now, here is a real Hillbilly tip, just for you.

There is a saint named St. Cayetano, a Spaniard and a no-good gambler and womanizer in his youth. It seems that his life was saved by the divine intervention of Our Blessed Lady, and he changed his ways and became her faithful servent and utmost proponent.
So, nowadays he servs as a conduit for Divine Intervention through Our Lady.
The deal is, he has never really left his gambling habits so in order to get what you want you have to phrase it in as a bet. In your case, you might want to bet him some good works in the name of Our Lady or maybe a donation to an orphanage in her name. You know, just about anything nice. You bet that against the fact that he can't make your wedding days truly beautiful weather.
Now, if he does and it is beautiful, you have to pay up!

See? My cousins from Guatemala introduced this technique to me and my family many, many years ago, and it worked all through college whenever we were going to have a big cookout up around Bear Mountain or some other rural location nearby...It works like a charm....

Of course, hurricanes might not listen even to the BVM, but then again they seem to be God's will....so who knows...?

HB :D:D:D

gatoazul

Aug 24, 2004
Bring umbrellas and the sun will shine

This never fails. Everytime I have my umbrella with me, it doesn't rain.

I got married in Cabarete in july, 2003. Three days before the wedding it was raining. The wedding's day the sun was high on the sky and the full moon was visible since she went out.

You never now in this country but even if it rains weather reports talk about a 100% probability of a very beautiful wedding.

Good luck!!!

angelmouse

Jun 13, 2005
Thank you for your replies

Hi everyone, I just wanted to thank you all for your advice, it is very much appreciated. I will keep watching this site, its very intresting. As for the weather next September............well i suppose that is in the laps of the gods!! Im so looking forward to my trip.

AM xx ;)

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
angelmouse said:
Hi there,

AM xx

Hi AM
I can't help with the weather but I have a good friend working in Iberostar Costa Dorada so if you need any info. on the resort I would be happy to help.

Sylvia

May 31, 2005
September 2006? That is so far off. What I can tell you is that September is smack in the middle of hurricane season.