Flower / Candy Delivery

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I Want to send flowers in La Romana. Anyone know a good and reliable shop that I can pay Over the net or by Credit card on the phone ? I am in Canada .

Joe

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hey wait a minute. Why La Romana?? I live in Puerto Plata and love flowers etc..... Did you need my address???

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
planner said:
Hey wait a minute. Why La Romana?? I live in Puerto Plata and love flowers etc..... Did you need my address???

:surprised :surprised

Its so easy to get a date on here !

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Ill bring the roses

planner said:
When and where honey????

I'll bring the roses , you bring........????????????? :lick: :lick: :lick: :lick:

Thanks for the links !

Nov 5, 2004
skippys said:
lacentralexpress.com

Have you ever personally used this link for having things sent to the DR?

Just wanted to know how reliable they are...and also besides the prices given for items, is there a shipping or handeling charge on top of this?

I'm gonna leave it as a favourites link on my parents computer, so that when I am living in the DR, and they miss spending money on me, they can find something nice on tehre and send to me ;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Easy!

jojo2130 said:
I Want to send flowers in La Romana. Anyone know a good and reliable shop that I can pay Over the net or by Credit card on the phone ? I am in Canada .

Joe
Joe, do you have a friend in the DR, excpet the person that you will be sending the flowers to?.

This is what I did:

I called my friend Mayra and asked her to please find me a flower shop where they made deliveries nationwide. She found a little shop in El Naco. She gave me the phone number and BINGO!.

Since I am very careful when giving my credit card over the phone and specially to someone in the DR, you know, because of the horror stories, what I did was that I would call and order the roses/flowers/plans/teddies over the phone and then since Mayra works one block away, I would have her take money out of my business account and pay for it.

A little piece of advice: If you are as giving/romantic as me (yes people I am VERYYYY romantic) you will see yourself expending MUCHO DINERO. It's addictive and very fullfilling!!.

Another advice: if she is worth it, send and send away. If courting her, DO NOT SEND just on special ocassions. Show the person that she matters to you. And whatever you do, do not tell her in advance, let it be a surprise!.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
miguel said:
A little piece of advice: If you are as giving/romantic as me (yes people I am VERYYYY romantic) you will see yourself expending MUCHO DINERO. It's addictive and very fullfilling!!.

Another advice: if she is worth it, send and send away. If courting her, DO NOT SEND just on special ocassions. Show the person that she matters to you. And whatever you do, do not tell her in advance, let it be a surprise!.
I smell a new forum. Miguel's Advice Column. He's a natural replacement for Ann Landers, similar style and wit.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Not at all!

rellosk said:
I smell a new forum. Miguel's Advice Column. He's a natural replacement for Ann Landers, similar style and wit.
I don't have ALL the answers. I just know how to make people happy or what makes a person happy, whether they are friends, relatives or whatever.

Nov 5, 2004
rellosk said:

Can't wait to read Miguel's Advice Column. He sometimes sounds like he really knows what he is talkin about! ;)

And I was still wondering...if anyone has ever used www.lacentralexpress.com

If not, does anyone know how I can verifiy that they are a reliable company?

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
PeachezNcream84 said:
Have you ever personally used this link for having things sent to the DR?

Just wanted to know how reliable they are...and also besides the prices given for items, is there a shipping or handeling charge on top of this?

I'm gonna leave it as a favourites link on my parents computer, so that when I am living in the DR, and they miss spending money on me, they can find something nice on tehre and send to me ;)

I've used them and have found them to be reliable, although a little pricey.

Nov 5, 2004
jmaz98 said:
I've used them and have found them to be reliable, although a little pricey.

Besides the listed website price, do they have service and handeling charges or what?

Are their products good quality?

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Worked out great

What I ended up doing was to get her mother in on the deal ! She wendt and bought the flowers and made the arrangement and delivered 1 dozen BEAUTIFUL roses from a shop in La Romana . Total cost $28
Internet prices for similar was over $100 PLUS Delivery !
Used Envio Boya to send the Money So transfer Costs were extra to that About 4$

It was a HUGE Success ! Thanks for the Idea Miguel !

Thanks