Anyone been lately in Playa Dorada?

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
I'm getting out of Santo Domingo to blow off some steam and heading to Playa Dorada and wanted to measure how the nightlife was behaving in the tourism complex at the moment...poor, bad, acceptable, good, excellent??

Please let me know your actual impressions, thank you.

Nov 5, 2004
I'll post more on my break from work, or when I get home..

But when was the last time YOU were there? Then I will tell you how it has changed since then...lol :)

Have you been to Mangu yet? That's jsut about always full later on in the evening...a bit expensive...but fun.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I live and work in Puerto Plata and I am regularly at Playa Dorada. In fact I was there last night.

What do you want to know??? I will make some assumptions...

The hottest place to go dance - Mangu at Jack tar Village. Don't go till at least midnight. Entry 150 pesos includes your first drink. Depending on the night - it is crowded to jammed with people.

Got to say -last night I thought I was in Crystal!!! there were lots of "ladies" there putting on a show! NOt a good one, mind you, but a show.

Depending on the mix of tourists and locals the music changes...

Hemingways - in Playa Dorada Plaza is okay still. Not as crowded as pre Mangu days but it can still be fun.

Roadway - behind playa Dorada Plaza, can be good depending on the night. I"m not sure I quite understand their concept but they keep busy. Smaller club, small dancefloor, nice outdoor but covered bar as well as inside bar.

Crazy Moon - at Paradise hotel is dead.

Play Naco - has a club (can never remember the name) pretty much dead too.

That is the run down. Let me know what else you might want to know...

When are you coming???

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Isn't Playa Nacos Disco Called Gravity Or Something Like That ???
I Went There For A Few Mins With A Local Friend And I Thought I Walked Into A Canadian Bar ..... I Cant Stand So Many Tourists In One Room Lol No Fun !!!walked In And Walked Out ... Funny All The Stares I Got Though Hahaha Probably All Dr1 Readers Haha

Mangu Is The **** !! Small Though But Does Its Purpose ....
Hemmingysway Is Good But $$ And Roadway Has Awesome Chicken But As For Nightlife Id Rather Be At Mangu....

.. Theres Nothin Wrong With Pretendin That You Work At Crystals There If You Actually Know How To Move...lol (just Not Me!)

P.s-sorry For The Caps Locks Im Switchin Between Here And Working On My Drawings On Autocad

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Thanks for your quick answers guys. I haven?t been there since last year, i like to stick to Hemingways. haven?t been to Mangu yet. I suppose is a little bit classier than crazy moon since it?s smaller and cover is higher. I?m coming down on the weekend...

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
And we should all meet you on what day and at what time???? Oh and where???