satellite service in Santo Domingo

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
Anyone knowledgable in this field?

What is available? How good? Any comments?

Any information will be welcomed.

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
DunHill said:
:speechles

blush blush
well!!! I guess I should be in good hands!!

Here are the questions:

1. What channels are available and on what satellites?
Is it possible to get Canadian channels?
European channels?
Or only US channels?

2. Is it possible to get European and Canadian channels via one's own computer via Internet if One has a TV card installed?

I am told it is possible but the majority are religious channels out of US any truth to that?

3. Yes, I will also want internet connection as well as phone line (land line)
for now I make do with a centennial cell phone.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
DunnHill, I need basic internet connectivity for my hut in Azua, not too high on speed, but unfortunately my budget is way to low and I can't afford your prices. Do you have anything in the order of second-hand equipment? how about an easy payment plan?

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
pacito said:
well!!! I guess I should be in good hands!!

Here are the answers:

pacito said:
1. What channels are available and on what satellites?
Is it possible to get Canadian channels?
European channels?
Or only US channels?

FTA (Free to air) receivers will give you the option to watch the free channels, a lot of them are religious, forget about movies etc, on some of them you can install software that break the decription codes from the usa providers
For all oter legal options you need to have a receiver that is activated in the usa, dishnetworks has a better signal in the DR than directv, and you can subscribe trough internet for channel access.
Basic channels are from the USA, canedian channels i never saw.
The satellite system (without the receiver) we can install for you if you want, we have all the materials in store, and don't need to shop around like most of the dominican installers do.

pacito said:
2. Is it possible to get European and Canadian channels via one's own computer via Internet if One has a TV card installed?

No i don't think so

pacito said:
3. Yes, I will also want internet connection as well as phone line (land line)
for now I make do with a centennial cell phone.

Land lines are done by Verizon and Tricom, they do internet as well, in some locations you can have a good DSL connection, in all other cases it will be dialup or a shitty dsl connection. (check at your neighbours first what they have, don't trust the info given by the telephone companies)

OR

Satellite Internet (please send me a private mail for this info)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
DunnHill, I need basic internet connectivity for my hut in Azua, not too high on speed, but unfortunately my budget is way to low and I can't afford your prices. Do you have anything in the order of second-hand equipment? how about an easy payment plan?

PS I'm out of sight for Tricom, Verizon or other wireless internet services

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
Mirador said:

PS I'm out of sight for Tricom, Verizon or other wireless internet services

we crossed Azua saturday after a job in the mountains behind Barahona, WHAT A CRAZY AMOUNT OF RAINWATER WAS FLOODING there trough the streets

For Satellite Internet requests please send a Private Mail, i cannot make too much promotion for my work in this forum

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Mirador said:

If you can't afford Dunhill's prices, then we're way out of line for you too! This is actually quite a joke as we are in the same business... Although I stand by what I said, Dunhill will do the right thing for you in this area. But, right at the moment we may have a used installation coming free from someone who is upgrading. Talk to me on pm...