Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Moving: How things can speed up

    A few years ago we thought about moving to the Dr when retired.
    A few months ago we planned about moving to the Dr December 2006
    A few weeks ago we planned about moving to the Dr in September 2005
    A few days ago we decided to move ot the Dr in Juli 2005

    It's like a rollercoaster, faster and faster and faster....

    30 juin i'll know if i still have a thing or two to resolve in Belgium and than can decide the exact departingdate buy the tickets and off we go.


    Greetings


    Johan

    PS please keep some rhum cool for me

  2. #2
    .............. ?
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    4,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Congratulations! So tell us where you are coming to, this country is pretty big.

    What do you plan to do when you get here?

  3. #3
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My arrival in the DR will be in stages

    stage 1 Loma de Cabrera: Stocking my things with my wifes family
    stage 2 Looking for some land/finca in the neighbourhood of Santiago (or where i find what i like)
    stage 3 build my house
    stage 4 start a protection/policedog training/breeding facility (my hobby)
    stage 5 start a business

    I have an income in belgium that assures my "survival" so i have some slack

    Greetings


    Johan

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heldengebroed
    My arrival in the DR will be in stages

    stage 1 Loma de Cabrera: Stocking my things with my wifes family
    stage 2 Looking for some land/finca in the neighbourhood of Santiago (or where i find what i like)
    stage 3 build my house
    stage 4 start a protection/policedog training/breeding facility (my hobby)
    stage 5 start a business

    I have an income in belgium that assures my "survival" so i have some slack

    Greetings


    Johan
    Let me know about your breeding (dogs that is) we will be interested in one come spring.
    Bob K

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I like your thinking

    And I have a beautiful pure bred German Shepard male and a beautiful Rottwieler b!tch you can breed....There is a market for your animals.

    Please feel free to contact me here in Santiago when the time comes.

    Cordially,

    HB

    Oh that shepard will be SOOO happy!!!

  6. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    7,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heldengebroed
    My arrival in the DR will be in stages

    stage 1 Loma de Cabrera: Stocking my things with my wifes family
    stage 2 Looking for some land/finca in the neighbourhood of Santiago (or where i find what i like)
    stage 3 build my house
    stage 4 start a protection/policedog training/breeding facility (my hobby)
    stage 5 start a business

    I have an income in belgium that assures my "survival" so i have some slack

    Greetings


    Johan
    Chris Tremain was a dog trainer in the service of his country in Europe. I had a large German Shepherd kennel in the States and I did training with different police departments as well as placing dogs with different departments and Seeing Eye for the Blind. I use to import older Siegers/SchIII's and dogs with tracking degrees from all over Europe in the 80's for breeding purposes and paid to breed to others already in the country.

    Good luck with your kennel and I would love to visit it one day. I would even be willing to do some aggitation if I am in good shape that day

    Escott

  7. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly
    And I have a beautiful pure bred German Shepard male and a beautiful Rottwieler b!tch you can breed....There is a market for your animals.

    Please feel free to contact me here in Santiago when the time comes.

    Cordially,

    HB

    Oh that shepard will be SOOO happy!!!
    I work with Malinois. a type of belgian shepard that has been bred for over a century to do policework and protectionwork. they are so good that even the police of Berlin (Germany) is changing from GSD to Malinois. Mine is great last night he got his second victim. I train in Belgian ring which is a policedogtraining program and the decoy (the guy that gets bitten) wears a full protective suit of over 25 kg. Last night Coby ( only 19 months old)put another decoy in hospital. Last month knee injury and yesterday puncture trough the suit of an artery in his leg (8 stitches). Don't want to be the bad guy without suit

  8. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Escott
    Chris Tremain was a dog trainer in the service of his country in Europe. I had a large German Shepherd kennel in the States and I did training with different police departments as well as placing dogs with different departments and Seeing Eye for the Blind. I use to import older Siegers/SchIII's and dogs with tracking degrees from all over Europe in the 80's for breeding purposes and paid to breed to others already in the country.

    Good luck with your kennel and I would love to visit it one day. I would even be willing to do some aggitation if I am in good shape that day

    Escott

    Thanks you're welcome Once i've found a place the first thing i do is install a ring and continue training. Enthousiasts are always welcom

    Greetings


    Johan

  9. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking

    hello heldengebroed!


    Another belgian here!

    very nice to hear you are also making "the bigg move"!
    I will be happy to welcome you when you arrive with a cold presidente!
    I will be moving in a few weeks!

    and ps: put me down for one of your guarddogs please!
    am bringing two dogs little ones who would probably just cudle someone to death lol!

    a very bigg welcome!

    sabrina from adventure buggy tour!

  10. #10
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mislarimar
    hello heldengebroed!



    am bringing two dogs little ones who would probably just cudle someone to death lol!
    I'll bring even something better to cudle to death.

    My Wifes dog a "Papillion" (Vlinderhondje) 2,7 kg of dog which is the best defence against burglars. When they enter she doesn't let them go and plays with them untill they are death ( a horrible way to go). To illustrate the "power" of this dog 2 or 3 years ago at the "Zinnekes" parade a carnaval in brussels. Everything was well organised untill a group saw my wifes dog and began to play with it, forgetting that they were in a parade. result a huge gap in the parade.


    greetings


    Johan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •