Moving: How things can speed up

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
A few years ago we thought about moving to the Dr when retired.
A few months ago we planned about moving to the Dr December 2006
A few weeks ago we planned about moving to the Dr in September 2005
A few days ago we decided to move ot the Dr in Juli 2005

It's like a rollercoaster, faster and faster and faster....

30 juin i'll know if i still have a thing or two to resolve in Belgium and than can decide the exact departingdate buy the tickets and off we go.

Greetings

Johan

PS please keep some rhum cool for me

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Congratulations! So tell us where you are coming to, this country is pretty big.

What do you plan to do when you get here?

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
My arrival in the DR will be in stages

stage 1 Loma de Cabrera: Stocking my things with my wifes family
stage 2 Looking for some land/finca in the neighbourhood of Santiago (or where i find what i like)
stage 3 build my house
stage 4 start a protection/policedog training/breeding facility (my hobby)
stage 5 start a business

I have an income in belgium that assures my "survival" so i have some slack

Greetings

Johan

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
heldengebroed said:

stage 2 Looking for some land/finca in the neighbourhood of Santiago (or where i find what i like)
stage 3 build my house
stage 5 start a business

Greetings

Johan

Let me know about your breeding (dogs that is) we will be interested in one come spring.
Bob K

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I like your thinking

And I have a beautiful pure bred German Shepard male and a beautiful Rottwieler b!tch you can breed....There is a market for your animals.

Please feel free to contact me here in Santiago when the time comes.

Cordially,

HB :D:D:D

Oh that shepard will be SOOO happy!!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
heldengebroed said:

stage 3 build my house
stage 5 start a business

Greetings

Johan
Chris Tremain was a dog trainer in the service of his country in Europe. I had a large German Shepherd kennel in the States and I did training with different police departments as well as placing dogs with different departments and Seeing Eye for the Blind. I use to import older Siegers/SchIII's and dogs with tracking degrees from all over Europe in the 80's for breeding purposes and paid to breed to others already in the country.

Good luck with your kennel and I would love to visit it one day. I would even be willing to do some aggitation if I am in good shape that day:)

Escott

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Hillbilly said:
And I have a beautiful pure bred German Shepard male and a beautiful Rottwieler b!tch you can breed....There is a market for your animals.

Please feel free to contact me here in Santiago when the time comes.

Cordially,

HB :D:D:D

Oh that shepard will be SOOO happy!!!

I work with Malinois. a type of belgian shepard that has been bred for over a century to do policework and protectionwork. they are so good that even the police of Berlin (Germany) is changing from GSD to Malinois. Mine is great last night he got his second victim. I train in Belgian ring which is a policedogtraining program and the decoy (the guy that gets bitten) wears a full protective suit of over 25 kg. Last night Coby ( only 19 months old)put another decoy in hospital. Last month knee injury and yesterday puncture trough the suit of an artery in his leg (8 stitches). Don't want to be the bad guy without suit

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Escott said:
Chris Tremain was a dog trainer in the service of his country in Europe. I had a large German Shepherd kennel in the States and I did training with different police departments as well as placing dogs with different departments and Seeing Eye for the Blind. I use to import older Siegers/SchIII's and dogs with tracking degrees from all over Europe in the 80's for breeding purposes and paid to breed to others already in the country.

Good luck with your kennel and I would love to visit it one day. I would even be willing to do some aggitation if I am in good shape that day:)

Escott

Thanks you're welcome Once i've found a place the first thing i do is install a ring and continue training. Enthousiasts are always welcom

Greetings

Johan

mislarimar

Nov 19, 2004
www.adventuretour.net
hello heldengebroed!

Another belgian here!

very nice to hear you are also making "the bigg move"!
I will be happy to welcome you when you arrive with a cold presidente!
I will be moving in a few weeks!

and ps: put me down for one of your guarddogs please!
am bringing two dogs little ones who would probably just cudle someone to death lol!

a very bigg welcome!

sabrina from adventure buggy tour!

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
mislarimar said:
hello heldengebroed!

am bringing two dogs little ones who would probably just cudle someone to death lol!

I'll bring even something better to cudle to death.

My Wifes dog a "Papillion" (Vlinderhondje) 2,7 kg of dog which is the best defence against burglars. When they enter she doesn't let them go and plays with them untill they are death ( a horrible way to go). To illustrate the "power" of this dog 2 or 3 years ago at the "Zinnekes" parade a carnaval in brussels. Everything was well organised untill a group saw my wifes dog and began to play with it, forgetting that they were in a parade. result a huge gap in the parade.

greetings

Johan

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
How things can speed up and suddenly come to a halt

This morning i got a lettre from the court that, basicaly, pulse the plug out of my finances for the great move. It looks as if i have to postpone my departure with at least 9 months. I had all things arranged. So basicaly i'm on the streets now no job and the rent on my place ends in july.

Greetings from a hot and sunny Belgium (for once)

Johan

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
It will happen like they say in french "par la porte ou par la fen?tre" (trough the door or window) Only i hadn't counted on this right now if it had come 6 months later it wouldn't have made a difference but now 3 weeks befor planned departure it is awfull. I'm already looking how i can finance a move in january :devious: :devious: Only have to sell 2 houses and some fields without the state taking the vast majority of the income.

Greetings

Johan

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
leominster said:
Maybe you should have called your thread " HOW THINGS SLOW DOWN" were you trying to escape from something? An explanation is in order. Don't you think?

That?s not very nice, he owns no one an explanation of anything.
This is a messageboard, not a courtroom.
Please, you don?t have to be negative on every thread you post.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
leominster said:
I think you mean he owes, rather than owns, but I think he does, I for one was looking forward to having one of these great animals. Particularly the long haired variety.

Of course I did, so sorry, English is not my native language, so sometimes I make misstakes. How good you found it to find something more to comment on in a negative way.
Come on, lighten up!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Actually!

carina said:
Of course I did, so sorry, English is not my native language, so sometimes I make misstakes. How good you found it to find something more to comment on in a negative way.
Come on, lighten up!
Actually, Carina, you can always get him on something he wrote wrong!.

His statement, " I for one was looking for...." should be "I, for one, was looking for....". Note the comma after the I. Just giving you something to say in case you want to be an axx like me!. ;) .

How is it that the saying goes?. Oh, I got it: "people living in glass houses should not......".

heldengebroed, good luck.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
miguel said:
Actually, Carina, you can always get him on something he wrote wrong!.

His statement, " I for one was looking for...." should be "I, for one, was looking for....". Note the comma after the I. Just giving you something to say in case you want to be an axx like me!. ;) .

How is it that the saying goes?. Oh, I got it: "people living in glass houses should not......".

heldengebroed, good luck.

Y a mi que me importa...el no sabe nada. :cross-eye
We are all different of nature, and I just happen to think we get a little longer and a little more if we don?t complain about each and every one or
everything.
I don?t have much to give for complainers.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Wowwww!!

carina said:
Y a mi que me importa...el no sabe nada. :cross-eye
We are all different of nature, and I just happen to think we get a little longer and a little more if we don?t complain about each and every one or
everything.
I don?t have much to give for complainers.
Easy fella, I was just trying to point something out. Por piedad, don't kill the messenger or the defender for that matter. Woww!.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
miguel said:
Easy fella, I was just trying to point something out. Por piedad, don't kill the messenger or the defender for that matter. Woww!.

It was meant for him, not for you!
He goes on and on and on...