anyone going to sosua???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozorboso

May 16, 2005
hi, i just got back from an amazing trip to the dominican republic...i was planning on writing thank you notes to the staff at the hotel i stayed at (hotel tropix in sosua), but then i found out that there is no mail delivery there, and i'd have to fed ex it for like $10 US a letter! ridiculous!
so, i am wondering if there is anyone going to sosua from the US or canada in the next few weeks, so that maybe i could mail you the letters here, and you could deliver them for me?
i know this is a big request, but i'm really upset that i'd have to pay almost $100 just to get some letters there!!!
hotel tropix is right in the middle of sosua, really really easy to get to.

bozorboso

May 16, 2005
the problem with this is that they do it by weight, and 1/2 pound is $35

Escott said:
Just put 10 letters in one envelope and you get the whole shebang for just 10$.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You can send mail

by international express mail or Special Delivery. They do have mail in Sosua, of course they Do!! It might tak a few months to get there but they will get the note.

However, if you want you can ask one of the denizans of Sosua** if you can mail it to them at their Miami post office drop...Include a not for them with a check for aobut $4 or $5 to cover the cost of getting it from Business Mail or EPS...

"Someone should perk up...Come on folks, help this person....

HB :D:D:D

**Denizans of Sos?a: Escott, Ken, Planner, Rocky (Marc),Chester4, JanH if she's there. There must be others I have not mentioned...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
bozorboso said:
the problem with this is that they do it by weight, and 1/2 pound is $35
You need to put a half pound of thank yous?

Spend the stinkin 35 bux and set yourself free.

I don't use EPS HB. Nothing I need from the US that I can't bring back when I travel. I would have offered had he asked a few days ago but, alas, I travel tomorrow.

bozorboso

May 16, 2005
thanks for the help, everyone! i'll wait a couple of more days for any offers, then just e-mail them....i'm too cheap for fed ex :classic:

DianaC

Jan 8, 2005
bozorboso said:
thanks for the help, everyone! i'll wait a couple of more days for any offers, then just e-mail them....i'm too cheap for fed ex :classic:

I have used regular postal services to mail items to the Dominican Republic from Canada for years. Every card and/or letter arrived where it was supposed to and usually within 2 weeks. I have mailed items to business addresses and homes... some in barrios. If they have a valid address, there shouldn't be a problem. However, please note that I have not used the service in the last six months or so, and my information might be outdated.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sorry

Too bad I don't have an EPS account either HB... No real need for one at this point... Probably I will soon though...

Otherwise I'd be happy to help...

Don Tomas

Jun 22, 2004
bozorboso said:
hi, i just got back from an amazing trip to the dominican republic...i was planning on writing thank you notes to the staff at the hotel i stayed at (hotel tropix in sosua), but then i found out that there is no mail delivery there, and i'd have to fed ex it for like $10 US a letter! ridiculous!
so, i am wondering if there is anyone going to sosua from the US or canada in the next few weeks, so that maybe i could mail you the letters here, and you could deliver them for me?
i know this is a big request, but i'm really upset that i'd have to pay almost $100 just to get some letters there!!!
hotel tropix is right in the middle of sosua, really really easy to get to.

I am headed down July 2nd (weather permitting, private airplane) to POP. We are staying for one day in Sosua (4th of July bash) and then I am headed to Santiago (maybe play bridge finally with Hillbilly).

PM me if you don't have any other offers, note I live in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.