Know any good hotels?

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Hi all~

I'll be flying into POP Sunday afternoon. I haven't secured an apartment yet because there is no way that I would send anyone money from the states without checking the place out first. I've heard too many horror stories!

In the interim, while I'm apartment hunting, does anybody have a recommendation for a safe hotel/apartahotel in Puerto Plata that won't cost too terribly much?

I'll be unhooking my computer here in about 24 hours so any help before then would be greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to make a list of e-mail addresses/phone numbers before I take my computer offline.

If I don't talk to many of you again before the 4th of July party, take care and see you soon!

Sunnie

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
If you want to I can check if Joanne has her apartment available.
It is a furnished apartment at Hotel Castilla, Sams bar, right by central park.
It is nothing special, very simple, and nothing I would like myself to stay in for long term. But upon arrival it would suit you fine, as you want to keep prices low. I think is is something like 140-160 US per month for that apt.
Joanne, who runs and owns the place is from Pennsylvania, US, and the name SAM comes from Sam the Basset... also from Pennsylvania...
PM if you want assistance.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
sunshine_79 said:
Hi all~

I'll be flying into POP Sunday afternoon. I haven't secured an apartment yet because there is no way that I would send anyone money from the states without checking the place out first. I've heard too many horror stories!

In the interim, while I'm apartment hunting, does anybody have a recommendation for a safe hotel/apartahotel in Puerto Plata that won't cost too terribly much?

I'll be unhooking my computer here in about 24 hours so any help before then would be greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to make a list of e-mail addresses/phone numbers before I take my computer offline.

If I don't talk to many of you again before the 4th of July party, take care and see you soon!

Sunnie
Villa Serena is located in downtown POP near Central Park. It is an Apartahotel. In a safe area. Has all modern facilities except hot water. (cable tv, generator, A/C, refrigerators, etc.). Owner is very nice. He is the Italian Consul named Bruno. He speaks Spanish and Italian. His assistant manager Franco speaks English and Spanish. Rates are between RD$ 3,000-5,000 per month depending on size of room. Main number is 809-307-5226. PM me if you want Franco's cellphone number. The address is on Calle Villaneueva near the corner of Calle Antero Mota. If you need a landmark it is about 3-4 blocks from Casa Nelson Department Store. Within walking distance of supermarket, restaurants, medical center, bus and taxi lines, etc.You just have to be lucky that vacancy is available when you need it. The turn-over is unpredicable as some people stay a week and some have been there for years. Much nicer and safer than Hotel Castila as the Bar attracts a rough bunch playing the roulette machine.