Colondrino???

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Google says it's an extinct word used to describe an old time Spanish soldier's bumpy brestplate armor. Doctors outside the DR look at you with a blank stare. Inside the DR it seems like every medico and people in every walk of life can quickly identify it as some sort of auto-immune skin disease as well as how to medicate it. What gives? Is this something that is widespread and indignioius to the DR? Does anyone on this board have any info on this mystery disease? Any help would be appreciated.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
golondrinos

lumps in the armpits, an inflamation of the sweat glands associated with infection. the basic treatment is antiobiotics

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Muchas gracias Mirador

But that still doesn't explain why it's so common in the DR and practically unheard of in other countries.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
But that still doesn't explain why it's so common in the DR and practically unheard of in other countries.

Maybe it goes by other names in other countries.

In my practice, during the last five years, I've only seen two cases. I suspect the condition results from bad hygiene habits, like inadequate shaving and cleaning underarms. Folk remedies include the use of alum...