The above guys are good, but pricy...

Cheaper, also good, is the German guy who has a repaid for bikes on
Calle J F Kennedy in Puerto Plata...

Longer for you to travel though..if you are in the Cabarete area,,,

miguelito

Feb 16, 2005
How about Santiago?

BAMullins said:
Thanks, all. I've contacted Iguana Mama... hopefully I'll be on the road again soon!

Brian
I both for my stepson Specialized mountain bike "Rock Hopper" disk. He used it for just a few month and something got brock. He told me on the phone it is the brake (freno). Sins my Spanish is close to 0 and his English is worse that my Spanish, and English is not my first language too, that was all I could understand. O yea, he allso sad, to fix it he needs 5000DR. May be somebody can hook me up with the good, honest, English speaking mechanic in the city of Santiago, I can contact with.
Thanx.

4TDOMREP.COM

Jul 23, 2005
WWW.4TDOMREP.COM
Welcome to the world of high-end bikes in the DR. Everything costs money. In Santiago, talk to Valerio at BiciCentro in the plaza on Bartemelo Colon across from MultiCentro La Sirena.

miguelito

Feb 16, 2005
4TDOMREP.COM said:
Welcome to the world of high-end bikes in the DR. Everything costs money. In Santiago, talk to Valerio at BiciCentro in the plaza on Bartemelo Colon across from MultiCentro La Sirena.
Thanks for the welcom!
That was very sweet. Now I see my mistake. I should of explained it better: I am not in Santiago, I am in New York. My step son is. I will send him (my step son) to talk to this Valerio guy, thanks for a tip, but I would like to call him (Valerio) back later and ask about the problem and the price. Does he speak any English at all?
Now a very very stupit question: what is the high end bike? Or even higher end bike? Is that what we call in US hard tail? Front suspention? Or is it dual, full suspended bike? I am not trying to be a smart ***, I realy do not know.
And one more thing. When I come to Santiago next time, were should I go for a nice mountain biking (not to far and not to crazy)?
Thank you for your time.