Disappearing Thread ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Hola, I started a thread a couple of days ago, titled HEPATITUS C Some of you answered, I beleive 18 replys. After not finding it on the second day, I pulled it out of the CP and restarted it. Day 2, the thread still going strong, and it's nowhere to be found.After reviewing some previous threads, I found that a thread started on 03/07/05 titled[Sex in the Dominicana 101] seem to have the same problem, it was deleted by one of the moderators and then re-opened. Both of these threads were about HEP C Hummmmmmmm Firstly, I beleive that if a thread is deleted for reasons other than profane language, or some other obvious violation, the starter of the thread should be notified and an explanation given for the deletion.
After reviewing the replys,it's obvious that there is a lack of awareness and most don't know anything about this monster that 4 million people in the US alone are infected.The differences, treatment, vaccines, and ways the disease is contracted varies greatly, and without the education of the poplulation, there is no awareness. Few people know the difference between A, B, and C. Countries such as the DR have less knowledge of this disease and therefore it is important to educate the people as so to prevent further contamination of others. This is growing and out of control in the states, it is more prevelent than HIV and kills more people every year. I have done extensive research on this, and was trying to pass on this information as well as try to see what the people know. This turns out tobe very little.AWARENESS is the only EDUCATION we have to pass on presently, why would someone take this away and deprive others of LEARNING. I think this was a BAD MOVE by our Moderators, considering that alot of crap stays alive for days going nowhere
For those of you that have contributed, I thank you, and I can be reached by PM which 2 people have aleready done due to the closing of this thread.
Gordon Newell

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ggn420 said:
Hola, I started a thread a couple of days ago, titled HEPATITUS C Some of you answered, I beleive 18 replys. After not finding it on the second day, I pulled it out of the CP and restarted it. Day 2, the thread still going strong, and it's nowhere to be found.After reviewing some previous threads, I found that a thread started on 03/07/05 titled[Sex in the Dominicana 101] seem to have the same problem, it was deleted by one of the moderators and then re-opened. Both of these threads were about HEP C Hummmmmmmm Firstly, I beleive that if a thread is deleted for reasons other than profane language, or some other obvious violation, the starter of the thread should be notified and an explanation given for the deletion.
After reviewing the replys,it's obvious that there is a lack of awareness and most don't know anything about this monster that 4 million people in the US alone are infected.The differences, treatment, vaccines, and ways the disease is contracted varies greatly, and without the education of the poplulation, there is no awareness. Few people know the difference between A, B, and C. Countries such as the DR have less knowledge of this disease and therefore it is important to educate the people as so to prevent further contamination of others. This is growing and out of control in the states, it is more prevelent than HIV and kills more people every year. I have done extensive research on this, and was trying to pass on this information as well as try to see what the people know. This turns out tobe very little.AWARENESS is the only EDUCATION we have to pass on presently, why would someone take this away and deprive others of LEARNING. I think this was a BAD MOVE by our Moderators, considering that alot of crap stays alive for days going nowhere
For those of you that have contributed, I thank you, and I can be reached by PM which 2 people have aleready done due to the closing of this thread.
Gordon Newell
Anna Coniglio said:
Thank you Emily Litella!:)

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
It's still there. If no new posts are added it doesn't show up when you click on show new posts

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41129

Anna, this is not true in this case, probably an error, There was posts made at 10 and 11am yesterday, and the post did not show under todays posts. This morning, looking at posts in the past 3 days, nothing.....This post was active in this time frame.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's there isn't it? Next time go directly into whatever forum you have your thread in and you will see it or you can always click on your name then click on "find all posts by loser", I mean user :laugh:

Hey I'm trying to help here this isn't my forum but we have discussed this subject a few million times in my forum. :tired:

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
BTW I did a search for the last three days and I see your thread on my second page. Last two posts were yours yesterday at 6:10 pm and 6:14 pm.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
hepC

Anna Coniglio said:
It's there isn't it? Next time go directly into whatever forum you have your thread in and you will see it or you can always click on your name then click on "find all posts by loser", I mean user :laugh:

Hey I'm trying to help here this isn't my forum but we have discussed this subject a few million times in my forum. :tired:
Funny thing........I have been PMed and Emailed by several asking for more info.........hummmmmmm I guess everybody else is as stupid as me. You might want to take the time and learn a little yourself, It is in Canada toooooo I thought your job was to be a moderator, not be tired.....Let others learn weather you agree or not???? Bottom line, this forum could not be found going back three days, and did not show up on my CP this morning. It was active just last night.....No problem Anna, we can continue via PM if it disappears again. Thanks for your concern................................

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Maybe the board crashed owing to the million successive words per post without any paragraphs or otherwise to enable reading them.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Word Perfect

ricktoronto said:
Maybe the board crashed owing to the million successive words per post without any paragraphs or otherwise to enable reading them.
Rick, we can employ "word perfect" if this will enable you to keep up with all these long windeddddddddd with no paragraphs posts...te hehe

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
ggn420, I see you found your H-C thread yesterday and posted in it. This thread should be killed.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Ken said:
ggn420, I see you found your H-C thread yesterday and posted in it. This thread should be killed.
Whats the matter Ken, a little case of denile ? In the states we call this kind of person "IGNORANT" I am not an advocate on HepC, I enjoy helping other people with needed information. I am willing to bet you know nothing about HepC, maybe your angry because you can't contribute ? Relax Ken, and take your negativity elsewhere.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
ggn420 said:
Rick, we can employ "word perfect" if this will enable you to keep up with all these long windeddddddddd with no paragraphs posts...te hehe

Seriously what you say might be important and interesting but when I see these huge posts with no paragraphs and a bunch of ellipses I don't bother.

You don't need Wordperfect - just use the enter key more than once per post.

Save time by not typing in proper case every word too.

Your post is there not too sure of the point though. I would imagine the average poor Dominican would either go into remission or die.

Last edited:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Stick a Fork in it!

And call it Done.

Info about Hep C, Goooood!!!!

Attacking other Posters, Baaaaad!!!!

Thread Closed!

Tim H :smoke:

To, GGN420, and others....
This is a great tip, you may not be aware of.
Put your mouse pointer, over the name of the poster, in the upper left corner of a post.

See Example, below....

Sometimes you need to left mouse click, to view the menu....
ggn420
SILVER

Turns into...
ggn420
SILVER
ggn420
View Public Profile
Challenge ggn420 in the Arcade
Send a private message to ggn420
Send email to ggn420
Find all posts by ggn420
Add ggn420 to Your Buddy List

Left click on Find all posts by ggn420

and all of your recent posts will be shown, no hunting or fishing araound, really cool, if you post in bunch of Forums.

Trust me, Try it- you'll like it!!!

Tim H.:smoke:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.