Best Calling Card From Ny To Dr

Jun 5, 2004
I would like to know if anyone has any advice for a good calling card from NY to DR. Ive heard it everything from Mangu To mamaita but I cant find a good one any advice?

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
apdomini100max said:
I would like to know if anyone has any advice for a good calling card from NY to DR. Ive heard it everything from Mangu To mamaita but I cant find a good one any advice?

www.speedypin.com Use the STi Mundo Card 3 Hours to a land Line for 10$ And No Cutoffs and Clear crisp lines ! Excellent service ! I Use them Exclusively

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
The answer probably depends on your calling patterns. How long you stay on the phone (some cards have connection fees), whether you are calling a land line or a cell phone (some cards charge more for the latter), if the party you are calling will be there to take the call (once again connection fees), and how soon you plan on using up the card (some cards charge a monthly fee).

Your best bet is to go into your local colmada (7-11, Quick Check, etc.) and find the card that fits your need.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Right now the best one with most minutes is Knockout - with $3 you can speak for an hour and change to a house phone and about 30 mins to a cell. With $5 you can speak over 2.5 hours to a house and an hour to a cell.

Of course, if you disconnect the call you miss some mins, but nothing like the other cards. Try to use it within a few days if you hang up and still have a balance on the card.

I also tried Tel3 - that was good, specially if you dont have any bodegas nearby.

Happy calling!!

May 12, 2005
I have found NY Exclusive to be a good card also. Clear connections and lots of calling time. But as the other poster said, it all depends on your calling habits. For a quick one time call, almost any card would be fine.

May 31, 2005
Talldrink said:
Right now the best one with most minutes is Knockout - with $3 you can speak for an hour and change to a house phone and about 30 mins to a cell. With $5 you can speak over 2.5 hours to a house and an hour to a cell.

Of course, if you disconnect the call you miss some mins, but nothing like the other cards. Try to use it within a few days if you hang up and still have a balance on the card.

I also tried Tel3 - that was good, specially if you dont have any bodegas nearby.

Happy calling!!
Do you know if knockout is only available in New York?

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Boss

I use BOSS because it doesnt have any connection fees although it only gives you 29 minutes to a land line and 13 to a cell but at least if your party wasnt there to answer your call you can always use it another day unlike these other cards with cliche "dominicanisms" for a name.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Nothing beats a good Kukita

Try la Kukita.. ask for it like this " Senora, deme una Kukita". :nervous:

Good Luck !!! :nervous:

Zeus

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Mama Ita.. (open mind)

Here's another phone card that I use in NY to call my Princesa in DR:
It's called 'Mama Ita'. So when I go to la bodega (colmado) I say to la Sra.
Deme una 'Mama Ita (sigh) :nervous:

Zeus (malicious dominicanus invecilus) :nervous:

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
Not a phone card BUT...

ZEUS said:
Here's another phone card that I use in NY to call my Princesa in DR:
It's called 'Mama Ita'. So when I go to la bodega (colmado) I say to la Sra.
Deme una 'Mama Ita (sigh) :nervous:

Zeus (malicious dominicanus invecilus) :nervous:

The people I'm living with right now just had installed a new phone line that is actually done through the internet, rather than your local telephone service provider. I don't know the name of the company, but if anyone's interested, I can find out. It's only 9.5 cents cdn a minute. Connection isn't all that great from the Dominican side of the conversation, so I've heard, but I always seem to hear very well and can't complain with the price.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Tel3.com

It might be Tel 3 - rates are almost as good as a calling card. I loved when I used it...

sajomagirl

Jan 2, 2005
www.stores.ebay.com
Visit the website of nobelcom.com they have the best phone call ever, I bought one of 20$ and gave me 3hrs to a land and 2:30 to a cell but they have 5 different and theres not fee. check it out .

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
The best for me is this website

www.phonecardsforsale.com
For $20.00 you get a little over seven hours. I use the Globaltalk card on this site.
The connection is good 90% of the time. If you get a bad connection just press pound (#) or (*) and redial the number. Globaltalk card during off peak hours is clear, but after 8:00 PM you may have to redial once or twice.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I use

I have had good results with Boss and Uni Plus. The Uni Plus card is a $5 card that my guy sells to me for $4 (? dont know why but thats what he does) JOHN

vdubman

Nov 29, 2004
right now one that is good is Crazy,Crazy,Crazy New York.. Also Oro Solido just beefed up their minutes.. Minutes will vary depending on if you are calling a cell phone or house phone.. Calling a house phone gives you the most min..