SDQ Man killed by Police....

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
anyone hear about this? I think it happened on Saturday night.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sadly, this sort of news item ranks below 'Dog bites man' on the newsworthy scale.

Having said that, there might be something in today's papers, though.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
It really is sad. I keep hearing stories about Police killing people.

For example, about a year ago, I would hear about this cop "La Soga" who was taking justice into his own hands. Not sure if this cop is still in Santiago.

May 12, 2005
Anyone stop to think for a minute that this man killed by the police just may have been trying to kill or injure the policeman or policemen first???? If that was the case than one less cop killing perp on the streets to worry about.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
carlos said:

For example, about a year ago, I would hear about this cop "La Soga" who was taking justice into his own hands. Not sure if this cop is still in Santiago.

Robert, is it appropriate for a moderator to start a thread with a title about man being killed by police, but supply no details because he had none, then even before any facts are known, post again implying an assumption that the police are guilty?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Ken said:
Robert, is it appropriate for a moderator to start a thread with a title about man being killed by police, but supply no details because he had none, then even before any facts are known, post again implying an assumption that the police are guilty?

Ken,

First of all, I would recommend that you learn how to use the PM or email button. I find it pretty tasteless that you have to broadcast such a question.

Please go back and re-read what I posted. I asked for details on my first post. On my second post, I made a comment which in no way mentioned the police being guilty. The fact is that the police have been known to kill people. Whether or not I believe they are guilty is my business and not your concern. I am only trying to obtain details as to what what happened.

Remember my question? If you do not have any details, feel free to move on to the next thread.

I will give you the same courtesy with your posts; that's if I can stay awake while reading them.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
fko1 said:
Anyone stop to think for a minute that this man killed by the police just may have been trying to kill or injure the policeman or policemen first???? If that was the case than one less cop killing perp on the streets to worry about.

it could be and I agree with you but there are few details

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
carlos said:
it could be and I agree with you but there are few details
I believe you mean "no" details. So far there have been seven responses (eight if you include mine) without an attempt to answer the OP's inquiry for information.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
rellosk said:
I believe you mean "no" details. So far there have been seven responses (eight if you include mine) without an attempt to answer the OP's inquiry for information.

you are right, I stand corrected

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
carlos said:
Ken,

First of all, I would recommend that you learn how to use the PM or email button. I find it pretty tasteless that you have to broadcast such a question.

If you feel it was tasteless for me to ask my question, then you will no doubt also think it tasteless of me to publicly reply to your post. When a moderator starts a thread with the title "SDQ Man Killed by Police....." then editorializes in his next post about all the cop killings, leaving the reader with the impression this is just one more, even though you have absolutely no information as to why the man was killed, then I think the moderator is off base. For all we know, the guy had just robbed a bank and killed the manager and teller and was fleeing the scene.

Moderators are held to a different standard than us common folks.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
generally, the DR police is characterized as a bunch of sloppy trigger happy unorthodox tigueres. Specially the ones that don't push paper. It seems that everyday they're killing "ladrones". Don't get me wrong, I'll be an active participant in lynching any thief caught in my block when am home, but I don't think these "cops" got proper firearms trainning and it aint hard to tell when they start dumping lead, which dont take much, and any one hit is a ladron.

Last edited:
carlos said:

How many of those people that were killed by the the police were choir boys???? They were bad people and got what they deserved. Dont do the crime if your not willing to pay the price.
Badpiece