Mayors of Las Terrenas/El Limon

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
Does anyone know the names,business addresses, and phobne numbers of the Mayors of Las Terrenas and El Limon in Samana Province?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
SugarBear said:
Does anyone know the names,business addresses, and phobne numbers of the Mayors of Las Terrenas and El Limon in Samana Province?

Las Terrenas and El Limon are very small towns. Do they even have Mayors? I know these areas are represented in both houses of the country's legislature, but I can't remember seeing anything resembling a town hall or municipal office in either place.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
much obliged...

the mayor of las terrenas (S?ndico de Las Terrenas) is Mr. Ram?n Cris?stomo, and you can reach him at city hall (tel: 809-240-6120)

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Mirador said:
the mayor of las terrenas (S?ndico de Las Terrenas) is Mr. Ram?n Cris?stomo, and you can reach him at city hall (tel: 809-240-6120)

I stand corrected. :glasses:

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
RonS said:
Las Terrenas and El Limon are very small towns. Do they even have Mayors? I know these areas are represented in both houses of the country's legislature, but I can't remember seeing anything resembling a town hall or municipal office in either place.

Thanks RonS for your quick response.

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
Mayor of Las Terrenas

Mirador said:

Thanks Mirador for your quick response and EXTREMELY helpful information.I have tried to get this information from the Dominican Embassy in both New York AND Washington D.C.; can you believe it they told me that they don't know?! The Embassy in D.C. gave me a number to an attorney's office in Santo Domingo,and said to ask for the "Alcalde de Santa Barbara de Samana", and from there "MAYBE", I can get the information. When I asked the Attorney's office for the information and told them what the D.C. Embassy had said they were embarrassed and couldn't understand why an embassy wouldn't have governmental information available. So with that...one city down ,and one to go.THANKS again. :)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
much obliged again...

There's no 'mayor' there, because it's not a township, it's a district dependent of Las Terrenas. However, they do have a municipal authority (appointed by the S?ndico de Las Terrenas), an 'alcalde', who is known locally as Saro. So, don Saro is the Alcalde of El Lim?n who can't phone home because El Lim?n is out of range for cell phone services.

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
Mirador said:
There's no 'mayor' there, because it's not a township, it's a district dependent of Las Terrenas. However, they do have a municipal authority (appointed by the S?ndico de Las Terrenas), an 'alcalde', who is known locally as Saro. So, don Saro is the Alcalde of El Lim?n who can't phone home because El Lim?n is out of range for cell phone services.

Brotha' Mirador,
I can't thank you enough for the wealth of information that you've provided-THANKS AGAIN.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
mayor of el limon

SugarBear said:
Brotha' Mirador,
I can't thank you enough for the wealth of information that you've provided-THANKS AGAIN.
Just to update a little on El Limon...I have a house there and have phone service...it is with telcom,wireless,and need a antenna ...mine is about 25 ft high...great service...probably one of 2 or 3 phones in El Limon..western union has one..verizon also has a signal there,with an antenna...but verizon is more expensive with the tarjeta..great little town..
bob

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
El Limon

jaguarbob said:
Just to update a little on El Limon...I have a house there and have phone service...it is with telcom,wireless,and need a antenna ...mine is about 25 ft high...great service...probably one of 2 or 3 phones in El Limon..western union has one..verizon also has a signal there,with an antenna...but verizon is more expensive with the tarjeta..great little town..
bob

Thanks JuguarBob for your information likewise...I'll PM you today.