Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I made it!!!

I made the 300,000th post!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I made it!!!

Hola!

Hope everyone is well. Just a note to say that I got here on the 19th and so far, everything is wonderful.
    I'm staying at a place in Puerto Plata and it's actually beginning to grow on me. I won't lie - I could really go for some AC right now but I suppose that's a small price to pay. I'm not living in one of the nicer areas right now (i.e., AI) but that's fine because I really do love the area and the locals. I've been immersing myself in the people and the culture and things are going really well.

I guess I have been cheating a bit though because the place I am living is ran by an American woman so I've had a bit of a safety net but I've also been spending time with the locals and having a wonderful time.
    My two jobs (!) will hopefully begin next week so for now, I'm pretty much on vacation. I haven't slowed down at all for the last 8 years so I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

For those of you who have not met Scott, Dawn or Carina - just a note to let you know that they are amazing people and have been a really big help to me. Scott and Dawn picked me up from the airport and showed me around and Carina found this hotel for me and introduced me to Joanne, the lady who runs the place. It would have been much, much harder to arrive down here without their help.

And I must say that Dawn has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. If you haven't met here and will be attending Scott's party, make sure to introduce yourself and you'll see what I mean.

And for the record, Scott taught me a very invaluable sentence to use here when people are being mofos and I had to use it for the first time yesterday and I see that despite the language barrier, people seem to know what it means. I'll give you a hint- it has three words, begins with a "Go" and ends with a "Yourself!"

If anyone is in POP, stop by Sam's Bar (Hotel Castilla) by central park and say hi. I'm staying in room 9 but spend a lot of time downstairs talking with people. I must say, there are some awesome people here.

I don't have a phone yet but am able to get online every day or two so if anyone wants to say hi, send me an email or PM. If I don't talk to most of you before then, see you at the big party on the 3rd.

Hasta pronto,

Sunnie

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine_79
    Hola!

Hope everyone is well. Just a note to say that I got here on the 19th and so far, everything is wonderful.
    I'm staying at a place in Puerto Plata and it's actually beginning to grow on me. I won't lie - I could really go for some AC right now but I suppose that's a small price to pay. I'm not living in one of the nicer areas right now (i.e., AI) but that's fine because I really do love the area and the locals. I've been immersing myself in the people and the culture and things are going really well.

I guess I have been cheating a bit though because the place I am living is ran by an American woman so I've had a bit of a safety net but I've also been spending time with the locals and having a wonderful time.
    My two jobs (!) will hopefully begin next week so for now, I'm pretty much on vacation. I haven't slowed down at all for the last 8 years so I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

For those of you who have not met Scott, Dawn or Carina - just a note to let you know that they are amazing people and have been a really big help to me. Scott and Dawn picked me up from the airport and showed me around and Carina found this hotel for me and introduced me to Joanne, the lady who runs the place. It would have been much, much harder to arrive down here without their help.

And I must say that Dawn has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. If you haven't met here and will be attending Scott's party, make sure to introduce yourself and you'll see what I mean.

And for the record, Scott taught me a very invaluable sentence to use here when people are being mofos and I had to use it for the first time yesterday and I see that despite the language barrier, people seem to know what it means. I'll give you a hint- it has three words, begins with a "Go" and ends with a "Yourself!"

If anyone is in POP, stop by Sam's Bar (Hotel Castilla) by central park and say hi. I'm staying in room 9 but spend a lot of time downstairs talking with people. I must say, there are some awesome people here.

I don't have a phone yet but am able to get online every day or two so if anyone wants to say hi, send me an email or PM. If I don't talk to most of you before then, see you at the big party on the 3rd.

Hasta pronto,

Sunnie
    Congrats and Success, I hope everything works out.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, good for you enjoy and make sure to share some stories!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with everything. I've met two out of the three so I agree with you and I have a feeling that Carina is as just as nice.

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy for you!

I am glad that you made it ok.

Two advices for you:

1- Do not believe everything that comes out of person's mouth. Study them and make sure that they are being sincere and that they don't want to be your friends because you are american or because they see you as someone that they can take advantage of.

2- Guys will be after you like "flies" on a pile of crap. Take it with a grain of salt and get to know the person very, very well before you leave the "door open". Same as above: do not believe everything that comes out of their mouths.

I wish you the best!. Knock them dead!. Break a leg!.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

íLas felicitaciones en tu tentativa nueva!

Wow, two jobs. It sounds like you're off and running.

Keep us posted.

"During the first period of a man's life the greatest danger is not to take the risk. When once the risk has really been taken, then the greatest danger is to risk too much." -- Kahlil Gibran

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Very happy for you sunshine..
    I hope everything continues to go well for you.

I am also looking forward to meeting thoes 3 when I move down there in 25 days (!!!!) As well..looking forward to meeting you also.

I will send you a PM in the near future...

I am probably gonna be missing the July3rd get together...but will be around for sure for the one in August. So if I don't see you before then i will for sure see you then!

Anyways...once again...glad you are enjoying yourself, and the best to your future!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummmmmm, think I'll check this one out

Has good recommendations.
    Has work lined up.
    Seems okay.
    Cool.

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you. Glad to hear that things are working out thus far. Hope I get a chance to meet up with you and others when I get there next month. For now I'm on my way to Punta Cana in just a few days. Take very good care, and show 'em what you're made of!

The Way Life Should Be...
    Post Thanks / Like

Join the fray. Blog it, baby.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast