Driving from Punta Cana to Caberete

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Please , can any tell me how long of a drive it is from Punta Cana to Caberete. It's much cheaper for me to fly in Punta Cana then POP. I will be renting a car .
Thank you.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
ace said:
Please , can any tell me how long of a drive it is from Punta Cana to Caberete. It's much cheaper for me to fly in Punta Cana then POP. I will be renting a car .
Thank you.
fly into POP or STI, the savings to fly into Punta Cana is not worth it

to answer your question: too far for you to drive

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please try to get a ticket to POP or STI, or even SDQ

Driving from PJU(?) to Cabarete is a long long haul. I would guesstimate 7 hours would be great time for a neophyte, non-dominican driver. The flight is about $100 and takes 45 mins to POP and then a taxi to Cabarete will be another $20 or $30 (but I don't know the prices).

So do try and get to STI or POP...saves a ton of time.

HB:D:D:D

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
The pigeons continue to measure flights only in dollar cost to any port in a storm, vs. going in a plane to their actual destination. I suspect we could make a killing with flights to Port au Prince and only a "short bus ride" to Punta Cana.

Good advice - if you are going to Cabarete fly near there. Time seems to have no value to anyone anymore.

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Hillbilly said:
Driving from PJU(?) to Cabarete is a long long haul. I would guesstimate 7 hours would be great time for a neophyte, non-dominican driver. The flight is about $100 and takes 45 mins to POP and then a taxi to Cabarete will be another $20 or $30 (but I don't know the prices).

Thanks HB and everyone else. I thought it was only a 2 or 3 hour ride, glad I checked. It's $800.00 to fly into POP and $340.00 to fly into Punta Cana.
The flights from PJU to POP are they often and do I have to book ahead of time?

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
100%

Hillbilly said:

This is true, the drive is a long way, and the northern portion is very bad roads, fly Aero Domca.....under100..about$80US(thats what it was last March

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The cost of renting a car and gasoline to go from Punta Cana to Cabarete is way more than taking a one way flight from PUJ to POP and then taxi from POP to Cabarete.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Did you check flights into Santiago (STI)?

Of course and at that rate it might be hard to beat...

If you get in to PJU early and can catch that afternoon flight, I think you just saved yourself $300, which is a lot of beer in Cabarete...

FYI: Santiago to Cabarete by private taxi is about $70 each way.

HB :D:D

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The domestic flight

from PUJ to POP leaves at 6:30 PM. Flight is less that 45 minutes. You would probably be in Cabarete before 8. Return flights leave POP at 7:15 AM. $95 US each way. Really not a bad deal, since the flights are right out of PUJ, so you wouldn't even have cab fare on that end. From a convenience standpoint, this would seem to be the next best thing to flying directly to POP. Certainly faster and less hassle than cab/bus from Santiago, and not much more $ than a round trip cab fare from STI-Cabarete.