How to get from SDQ to Portillo

ahaynes122

Jun 21, 2005
Hi there...
I'm going to visit my uncle who just built a house in Semana. I have a flight from JFK to Santo Domingo, but finding a hard time getting information on getting from SDQ to Portillo. He tells me that Aero Domca flies out of SDQ. He also tells me that all I have to do is just go to the check-in counter and just hop on the plane.

My question to you is this, 1) Is Aero Domca the only airline that flies to Portillo 2) I've searched high and low for a website and can't find one, is there one?!) 3) Don't suggest taking a bus...I don't have 4-5 hours to kill. I rarely have time for vacation and I don't want to spend it in a bus! :confused:

Thanks and looking forward to my trip to the DR!! :bandit:

A

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
You can find the English version of Aerodomca's website at http://www.aerodomca.com/English/english.html.
They have a regular schedule of flights and you can also charter flights. You will need transport from Portillo to Samana though, and I'd suggest you make those arrangements before hand. I do believe there is a place to rent vehicles across from the airport at Portillo, but I'm not sure about where and how that works. Its a good flight, approx 30 minutes. You'll really have a wonderful time on the Samana Peninsula. I'm heading back there in August.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Herrera

Air SantoDomingo and Aero Domca both fly regular daily flights out of Herrera Airport.Went same trip last March, It was about $75US and 45 minutes. Make sure someone knows you're coming in, the airport is a little dirt strip(half dirt) in the middle of knowhere but close to LasTerrenas.There are no cabs waiting, the airport guy called someone for me in his pick-up truck and brought me to where I was going for 5 bucks(Plays Bonita)
Previous posts are also accurate as far as I know, am nor familiar with century.Good luck, I enjoyed it, it's a nice "laid back area" and I'm sure you will too.......