VIVA Dominicana has gone mad

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
That's funny. They also show Port-o-Plata one time with an airport code of POP and another time CCS. Hopefully, their pilots can find it.:)

Jun 5, 2004
Looks Interesting 11 routes how many planes. I hope that they are trying to be too american and do it the american way. They trying to be someone they are not hope there port o plata is the one ive been to.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Port-o-Potty springs to mind

I hope there is a bit more attention to detail when it comes to aircraft maintenance. :eek:

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Canada.

When you are trying to present your web you should be accurate, there is no right for mistakes there, it is your fitst impression. Maybe you don't pay attention to those things in Canada, but it is not right

Apr 26, 2002
RevenueCanada said:
Where is the madness in making a typo? I suppose your writing is 100% accurate at all times right?

If you don't know where the cities are you probable don't know what awhole you are right?
It's not just the misspelling but, rather, how pathetic the misspelling was - generally indicating an ignorance of the market that the imaginary company is going to serve. However, since the enterprise is nothing more than an investment pump, it hardly matters.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
RevenueCanada said:
Where is the madness in making a typo? I suppose your writing is 100% accurate at all times right?

If you don't know where the cities are you probable don't know what awhole you are right?
You and I are allowed to make typos*. A company that is trying to sell it's services on a website should not have typos. It shows a lack of professionalism. It shows that they are cutting corners by not having it proofread. Would you want to fly on an airline that presents itself so shabbily? You won't find typos on Continental's, American's, Delta's, or even DR1's web pages.

* Your posting is a perfect example of this. :nervous:

RevenueCanada

Apr 13, 2005
rellosk said:
You and I are allowed to make typos*. A company that is trying to sell it's services on a website should not have typos. It shows a lack of professionalism. It shows that they are cutting corners by not having it proofread. Would you want to fly on an airline that presents itself so shabbily? You won't find typos on Continental's, American's, Delta's, or even DR1's web pages.

* Your posting is a perfect example of this. :nervous:

Since we are talking about Corporate typos, here are a few funny examples:

On a Swedish chain saw: 'Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals'.

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: 'Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts.' (Step 3: Fly Delta).

Some years ago, the now-defunct airline Braniff advertised their business class section with leather seats and more leg room with the following: 'Fly in leather with three more inches.' Spanish for 'in leather' is 'en cuero'. However, 'en cueros' means 'naked'. The Spanish version of Braniff's slogan thus became: 'Fly naked with three more inches.' What a manly airline ...

Superpiss - a real-life Finnish cleaning fluid for windscreens that didn't do so well in the English-speaking market.

The Chevy Nova never sold well in Spanish speaking countries. "No va" means "it doesn't go" in Spanish.

The Coors beer slogan used in the USA "Get loose with Coors," became, "Get the runs with Coors" upon translation into Spanish. They decided to go with a different slogan.

The written material that comes with the Q Tip rectal thermometer states 'every rectal thermometer made by Q-Tip is PERSONALLY tested'.

Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the hours of 9 and 11am daily. - In a hotel in Athens

When Coca-Cola first shipped to China, they named the product something that when pronounced sounded like "Coca-Cola." The only problem was that the characters used meant "Bite the wax tadpole." They later changed to a set of characters that mean "Happiness in the mouth."

When Gerber first started selling baby food in Africa, they used the same packaging as here in the USA - with the cute baby on the label. Later they found out that in Africa, companies routinely put pictures on the label of what's inside since most people can't read.

When he Parker Pen Company's slogan, 'It won't leak in your pocket and embarass you,' was translated into Spanish, it became, 'It won't leak in your pocket and make you pregnant.'

When Pepsi started marketing its products in China a few years back, they translated their slogan,"Pepsi Brings You Back to Life" pretty literally. The slogan in Chinese really meant, "Pepsi Brings Your Ancestors Back from the Grave."

You are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid. - In a hotel in Japan

http://coolsig.com/corporate_typos1.html

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
one thing that I noticed is that some of these flights don't have a return trip.

For example, I can go from Punta Cana to Santiago, but not vice versa.

It would make sense to have a return flight.

the website is a joke in my opinion

there are too many typos

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Anyone...

with any interest in this company should be thankful that these errors are being pointed out since they were not caught before being placed on the WWW. I almost forgot... the Travel Info page of this company used the word verses instead of versus; maybe it makes no difference if you are flying into La Romana or Laromana. Just a thought.

DAJAO

Aug 8, 2004
Hey guys, read this

Taken from VIVA's web site

VIVA SUBSIDIARY OBTAINS CHARTER AGREEMENT
Santo Domingo , Dominican Republic , June 22, 2005 , (Business Wire)---Viva International, Inc. announced today that it's wholly owned subsidiary, Eastern Caribbean Airlines has entered into a charter agreement with IJAC of Puerto Rico that provides for 5 weekly charter flights between Isla Grande Airport in San Juan to Herrera Airport in Santo Domingo. The one year agreement with flights beginning June 30, 2005 will yield annual revenue in excess of $450,000.

Oscar Hasan, Chief Executive Officer, commented, ?I look forward to working with IJAC under the recently executed charter agreement. IJAC has a following amongst native Dominicans who travel between the DR and Puerto Rico . This agreement came together with unbelievable speed and is an indication of the many wonderful opportunities that are present in the communities that we serve. I have discussed the future plans of IJAC with them and believe that our contract has a good possibility to be expanded to include travel from Puerto Rico to Punta Cana , Dominican Republic and Anquilla, British Virgin Islands as soon as we obtain additional aircraft that is currently under consideration for lease or acquisition.. I look forward to working with IJAC President Alfonso Riviera and of his staff on this contract?.

About Viva International

Viva International, Inc. (?VIVA?) is a publicly traded holding entity (VIVI.OB) that specializes in acquisition and development of undervalued commercial airlines and aviation outsourcing companies, collectively referred to as ?VIVA.? The Company's strategy is to develop a network of airline operations and subsidiary partners to collaborate in maintaining route structures in ?niche? markets and to provide high quality products and services to the air travel industry, focused primarily on the air travel market in the Caribbean . VIVA has established a primary executive office in Traverse City , Michigan , including executive and operational offices in Miami , Florida with all airline operations headquartered in Santo Domingo , Dominican Republic and San Juan , Puerto Rico .

This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (?the Exchange Act?), and as such, may involve risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements which are based upon certain assumptions and describe future plans, strategies and expectations, are generally identifiable by the use of words as ?believe?, ?expect?, ?intend?, ?anticipate?, ?project?, or other similar expressions. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, future performance, and perceived opportunities in the market and statements regarding the Company's mission and vision. The Company's actual results, performance and achievements may differ materially from the results, performance, and achievements expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. Further information on potential factors that could affect Viva International, Inc. is found in the Company's Form 10-K and other documents filed with the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Viva International, Inc. 231-932-7490
Nubuzz, Inc. Pier S. Bjorklund (800) 454-7912

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
DAJAO said:
Taken from VIVA's web site

VIVA SUBSIDIARY OBTAINS CHARTER AGREEMENT
Santo Domingo , Dominican Republic , June 22, 2005 , (Business Wire)---Viva International, Inc. announced today that it's wholly owned subsidiary, Eastern Caribbean Airlines has entered into a charter agreement with IJAC of Puerto Rico that provides for 5 weekly charter flights between Isla Grande Airport in San Juan to Herrera Airport in Santo Domingo. The one year agreement with flights beginning June 30, 2005 will yield annual revenue in excess of $450,000.

Oscar Hasan, Chief Executive Officer, commented, ?I look forward to working with IJAC under the recently executed charter agreement. IJAC has a following amongst native Dominicans who travel between the DR and Puerto Rico . This agreement came together with unbelievable speed and is an indication of the many wonderful opportunities that are present in the communities that we serve. I have discussed the future plans of IJAC with them and believe that our contract has a good possibility to be expanded to include travel from Puerto Rico to Punta Cana , Dominican Republic and Anquilla, British Virgin Islands as soon as we obtain additional aircraft that is currently under consideration for lease or acquisition.. I look forward to working with IJAC President Alfonso Riviera and of his staff on this contract?.

About Viva International

Viva International, Inc. (?VIVA?) is a publicly traded holding entity (VIVI.OB) that specializes in acquisition and development of undervalued commercial airlines and aviation outsourcing companies, collectively referred to as ?VIVA.? The Company's strategy is to develop a network of airline operations and subsidiary partners to collaborate in maintaining route structures in ?niche? markets and to provide high quality products and services to the air travel industry, focused primarily on the air travel market in the Caribbean . VIVA has established a primary executive office in Traverse City , Michigan , including executive and operational offices in Miami , Florida with all airline operations headquartered in Santo Domingo , Dominican Republic and San Juan , Puerto Rico .

This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (?the Exchange Act?), and as such, may involve risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements which are based upon certain assumptions and describe future plans, strategies and expectations, are generally identifiable by the use of words as ?believe?, ?expect?, ?intend?, ?anticipate?, ?project?, or other similar expressions. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, future performance, and perceived opportunities in the market and statements regarding the Company's mission and vision. The Company's actual results, performance and achievements may differ materially from the results, performance, and achievements expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. Further information on potential factors that could affect Viva International, Inc. is found in the Company's Form 10-K and other documents filed with the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Viva International, Inc. 231-932-7490
Nubuzz, Inc. Pier S. Bjorklund (800) 454-7912

VIVA IS MA CRAZY