Coming Sat - GRACIAS!

MKC

Mar 1, 2005
My husband and I are on our way to Sosua on Saturday - that is if we can navigate from the Santo Domingo airport to the bus to get there... what an adventure!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has provided help and answered my numerous postings. You have been so helpful, and perhaps we will meet some of you at Rockys!!! If you see a confused blonde with a mostly bald man then that's us :glasses:

Now on to the packing - yuck!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Were you planning

on taking the gua gua from SDQ to the bus station? That could indeed be an adventure. If you take a taxi, it should be relatively stress-free, and your driver will "navigate" it for you. I suggest you establish the price in advance. I believe the going rate is 600-800 pesos.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
MKC said:
My husband and I are on our way to Sosua on Saturday - that is if we can navigate from the Santo Domingo airport to the bus to get there... what an adventure!

Just remember at the SDQ airport there are no buses and you need to taxi either to Boca Chica / Andres to start the gua gua route to the capital prior to Metro/Caribe or take a taxi from the aiport right to the Metro/Caribe station.

Don't save $10 and walk the 4 miles to the highway to flag a gua gua to the capital.

MKC

Mar 1, 2005
Taxi

Oh yeah - we will definitely be taking a taxi... i can imagine myself hanging out of a gua gua with my luggage tied to the roof or something :nervous: 600-800 pesos you say... i'm taking notes...

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
sounds like you are in for a great time!!! and yeah

no need to got to boca chica for a guagua...a taxi from SDQ would run you 20 bucks flat .....so 600-800 aint bad to the bus station in SD.

I am just curious as to why u are flying into sdq if you are going to sosua?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
She said she was blond, you idiot!

:D:D:D:D

Actually, I'll bet that she got a better price to SDQ. I wonder if they priced out STI as an option? Whole lot closer..

Anyway, I hereby give you my blessings for the following
1) Taking a taxi-be sure to check the fare that is posted on the wall as you leave Customs, or ask any official.
2) Using Caribe Tours, that will deposit you in Sosua safely.
3) Asking at the Sosua "bus terminal" the price of a taxi to your hotel...

In nomini Pater, filii et spiritu sancti.....

Now, you are golden.

H :D:D:D

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
sweetdbt said:
on taking the gua gua from SDQ to the bus station? That could indeed be an adventure. If you take a taxi, it should be relatively stress-free, and your driver will "navigate" it for you. I suggest you establish the price in advance. I believe the going rate is 600-800 pesos.
My guess is that it's more in the range of RD800-RD1000, but as HB suugested, check the posted rates and ask the driver before getting in the cab.

MKC

Mar 1, 2005
hillbilly

Now I know why you call yourself hillbilly - commenting on my blondeness ;)

SDQ was cheaper and more direct from where we are coming from ... and we tried all different options! Originially we had planned to rent a car and just drive to Sosua - but then we got some advice suggesting the bus might be a better option for us gringos and first time visitors...